2010 Forester GT

• HTML tutorial

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Hi guys my vehicle is a 2010 Subaru Forester that is mainly stock at this point. I did pick up a set of 16 inch factory steel wheels that I cleaned up and painted
will be going on with A/T tires here in the next couple weeks. My plan is to have a great family vacation rig. We love to camp and get out and explore. Long term plan is 2” front 2.5” rear lift, skid plates, rally bar(Like to have something made that is legit and durable). But this is it and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

I have finished painting the 16” steel wheels I picked up a couple weeks ago, they were ruff. I had to strip some rusting with naval jelly. Afterward i primed and painted them. I’m happy with the results. Should get new tires on this coming week or so. IMG_0415.JPGIMG_0419.JPGIMG_0455.JPG

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Welcome and good luck with your Subaru! Feel free to reach out to me or in the Subaru registry thread if you ever have any questions.

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Newest update! Just ordered my Anderson Design Fabs lift. Only adding 1 inch on the front and 1 3/8 in the rear. Nothing to drastic. I will have close to 10 inches of clearance, but enough to get some decent size tires. 1 step closer. Plenty to go!

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

That’s cool, I’m a total noobie. Looking to better handle fire roads and logging trails around the area, and in the Allegheny National Forest. This is our “big” family car.

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

So I picked up a 70$ locking rifle case on offer up for 15$ and could not pass it up. I’m going to use it on my roof rack to hold my shotgun and fishing rods and reels.

Reactions: SilveradoTX

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Just finished up my DIY roof basket. It is made out of old steel shelving that held kegs. It’s two pieces held together with cable ties and thread lock. Used black wheel paint! Going to use lashing straps to attach to roof bars IMG_0599.JPGIMG_0601.JPGIMG_0598.JPG

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Between the brown patches paint doesn’t matter. The rack lacked stability as two pieces. Allot of bow, no enough rigidity. I did however use a single on very nicely.

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Installed the ADF lift a week or so ago never posted any pics so here is couple. Only 1” front 1 3/8” rear.

I now have 12” clearance without my tire upgrade.