2009 Tacoma (Ralph) pic heavy

• HTML tutorial

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

Yeah its my favorite for the 2nd gen too. i wish their 3rd gen was just as nice. But I'm going with CBI full hoops. Keep up the good work its coming along nice.
Ive read good things on the cbi gear. Its hard to go wrong with any of the bigger companies. Will do, I'm planning on getting a couple more things done over winter.

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

I picked up some cheap light pods, I can't justify spending so much $$ on name brand lights when the cheapo's work for what I need them for.

Yeah justifying the price can be difficult. I've had a mix of rigids and cheapo ones. While the bars function well the powdercoat on them hasn't held up as well and the wiring harness just came with wire leads and not an actual connector.

OverlandIowa

Rank II

Advocate II

Yeah justifying the price can be difficult. I've had a mix of rigids and cheapo ones. While the bars function well the powdercoat on them hasn't held up as well and the wiring harness just came with wire leads and not an actual connector.
I build my own harnesses with relays. Being a power sports tech to make a living helps by having the tools and easily getting wire and connectors because they're readily available.

As far as the powder coat goes, I've had pretty good luck so I'll keep taking my chances lol

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

I build my own harnesses with relays. Being a power sports tech to make a living helps by having the tools and easily getting wire and connectors because they're readily available.

As far as the powder coat goes, I've had pretty good luck so I'll keep taking my chances lol
Yeah if you’ve have good luck I wouldn’t change things up either! My luck wasn’t as good unfortunately.

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

Debating on adding a 40" light bar to the truck. I actually already have the light bar from my last truck but its just been sitting in the garage since I got the taco. My first choice would be to get the prinsu cab rack which has the spot for a light bar built into the front wind deflector. My other choice would be try and fab up a mount that puts the light bar on the front bar of the bed rack.

18JLU

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Pueblo, CO
First Name
Justin
Last Name
DeCesaro
Member #

Nice rig. How are the 6112’s on/off-road? Cant decide if the Fox 2.5 is a better option for me or not.

18JLU

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Pueblo, CO
First Name
Justin
Last Name
DeCesaro
Member #

Check Pelfreybuilt for the skids. They will go good with your bumper. Allpro has nice sliders. What spring rate are you running on the 6112’s? Did the aluminum bumper sag them?

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

Check Pelfreybuilt for the skids. They will go good with your bumper. Allpro has nice sliders. What spring rate are you running on the 6112’s? Did the aluminum bumper sag them?
I have been looking at pelfreybilt for pretty much all the armor. The ocd in me likes to have matching brands. I am running the stock coils on the 6112's which i believe is 610lb. The bumper maybe moved them 1/4 inch and the winch the same. They have been good for me off road, much smoother than stock and spacers. I havent done anything too hardcore with them yet, mostly just backroads and farm fields.

Reactions: 18JLU

18JLU

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Pueblo, CO
First Name
Justin
Last Name
DeCesaro
Member #

I have been looking at pelfreybilt for pretty much all the armor. The ocd in me likes to have matching brands. I am running the stock coils on the 6112's which i believe is 610lb. The bumper maybe moved them 1/4 inch and the winch the same. They have been good for me off road, much smoother than stock and spacers. I havent done anything too hardcore with them yet, mostly just backroads and farm fields.
Haha I hear ya. From what it sounds like, I don't think you can go wrong with Pelfreybilt. Thanks for the reply. Have fun and stay safe.

Reactions: Tbell18

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

Christmas got started a little early. Skid plates that i ordered during the black Friday sale at 4xinnovations got done early. Took advantage of the warmer weather to paint the skid plates. Also took the truck to Iowa muffler in Des Moines so that the crossover pipe could be moved to fit the last skid.

IMG_6798.jpg IMG_6799.jpg

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

Finally got my new rear bumper installed during a break from school! Also got the new backup lights installed a couple days after. IMG_6871.jpgIMG_6872.jpg
IMG_6895.JPG
Had a blast last weekend meeting up with people at Napleton Dodge Jeep Ram. It was a great experience for my first official OB meet. IMG_6888.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Russell Peters

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

Been crazy busy during my last semester of college so haven't had a ton of time to update this. Early March i was finally able to get some bolt on sliders for the truck. Late march was my last spring break ever so I decided to go big and go Moab. For the most part we did a lot of scenic trails like onion creek and long canyon. I did do some harder trails like tower arch and Hells Revenge. Those were a lot of fun but for the most part more risky than i needed to do considering i had to drive the truck 16 hours home. After spring break things slowed down a lot for me as school kicked it up a notch. I did go camping with my girlfriend and roommate at a local campground.
IMG_7085.jpg

This past weekend we went and hung out at my roommates rv near Moline,Illinois. At the campground there are a couple trails that we took the jeeps on, Taco stayed home for the trip ( or so we planned). Coming out of a pretty good mud hole my girlfriends jeep (silver TJ) broke a u joint and axle stub. The u joint sheared the ears right and ended up binding up on the axle shaft. At that point we came to the conclusion the Taco was needed as the TJ couldn't drive at all. Luckily we already had a flatbed to use at the campground. IMG_7118.jpg
Luckily we only had to pull it an hour or so but the taco did just fine pulling on the interstate. This trip pretty much convinced me to put airbags on all of my future trucks as well. The bags really helped control the weight.

Attachments