Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
That is a very nice setup. Didn't see where your badge was located at, though. I also liked to better when you had the rear LED lights up higher and not down in the snow zone..

Reactions: Luis Merlo

basicmanfitz

Rank 0

Traveler I

Question for you... I've scanned the thread but may have missed it. How did you mount that radio antenna on the back of your SX4? I'm trying to think of the best way to wire a CB radio into mine, and would love to hear any advice you may have.

basicmanfitz

Rank 0

Traveler I

Excellent; thanks for the link and pics :-)

Some more questions for you: How exactly did you run that line into the cabin? Also, what kind of range are you getting with your reception, and are there any problems that you ran into that I should be aware of before I begin?

Last edited:

Explore Maine

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hartland Maine
Member #

I lifted the weather strip and ran the cable under the roof liner until I got to the rear passenger door then I lifted the kick panels and then under the passenger seat under the center console to the radio. The only problem you might have if you don't know how to is to solder the connecter to the wire, as far as the reception I do a lot of hi way driving and it works great as far as the trails I don't know yet but I don't think it's going to be a problem.

basicmanfitz

Rank 0

Traveler I

And where did you end up mounting the transceiver? I've been trying to scout out a good place, and so far the inside of the driver's side footwell (against the center console) looks like the most secure place to mount the bracket.

today I made a few minor mods to my roof rack. I removed the plastic coating from the crossbars and added a set of ARB awning mounts. I had to do some drilling, but I think that the ARB mounts are sturdier than the set of FOURTECKS I originally had on their. I plan on painting the rack come spring.
View attachment 10810 View attachment 10811 View attachment 10810
Hi cool mini rig I don't like the ridiculous toyotas and jeeps I like something more in the reach of real people.
Just wondering is your 4 wheel drive if so is it automatic, button, switch, lever

Thanks
Have a good day

Reactions: Explore Maine

Explore Maine

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hartland Maine
Member #

Hi cool mini rig I don't like the ridiculous toyotas and jeeps I like something more in the reach of real people.
Just wondering is your 4 wheel drive if so is it automatic, button, switch, lever

Thanks
Have a good day
yes it's an automatic with a AWD drive and center locking differential selector switch.
IMG_1802.JPG