• HTML tutorial

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Hi out there,

So i figured i would go ahead and post this thread in advance to see how it goes, and to sort of aid in the building process from the beginning before i REALLY get started into it. So im currently away from the Jeep due to work, but have been stockpiling parts and making plans for the build for when i return on or around Jun 1st.

Purpose = The purpose of the build is to prepare the Jeep for 1. the trans america trail / moab and 2. really whatever comes its way in the future as i do quite a bit of serious offroading as well as hit the trails for any number of reasons about 3 times a week if not more.

So far the Jeep sits as such:

stock engine
3.5 coil spring lift
35" tires
pro-comp alloy wheels
Hard Top
Custom made American Eagle front and rear bumper
smittybilt xrc 9.5 winch
led lights in front and rear bumpers
Dana 30F / Dana 44R axles 4:10 gears
factory "rubi-rails"
smittybilt steel fenders
JKS swaybar quick disconnects

Currently Stockpiled in the garage:

Pro Comp Dual steering Stabilizer
Poison Spider Hood Louver
Spicer UD44 front axle with e-locker
front SRC bumper
Rear XRC Carbine Bumper
Light Bar w/ brackets
Overland Bound Member Emblem
Pro Comp Pre-Runner shocks
Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel kit

Order list:

Control Arms
Roll Cage
Rear locker
tailgate table
tire carrier
a few other odd and ends.

Any suggestions as to extra parts or specific brands? Custom built things i can throw in the mix? Life Hacks?
Any and ALL suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I fully understand that this is my rig, but i would love for it to be a community driven build.

Will continue Stockpiling a couple more parts to start the build in June and post it here from start to time of departure on the TAT.
20170923_180143.jpg20170923_180205.jpg

Last edited:

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Sweet looking rig bet you can’t wait to get home & start wrenching. Good luck with your build & keep us posted.

Reactions: avgjoe624

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I would suggest to add Pak Rax from trailrax, seems really useful item.

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

minor update --- Just ordered a full set of Pro Comp Pre-Runner shocks.

I checked out the Pax Rax. They look simple enough that i can make my own version of them for less than $50. So, i might be doing that.

Reactions: MazeVX

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Nice looking Jeep. To be honest we are currently tackling the TAT and you dont need much in order to live out of the JKU on this TAT excursion. We are on day 16 in ozarks, Arkansas. I did build a sleeping platform in the back so that does help alot. We wont be hitting any motels just strictly Jeep and tents. So far it's been epic! Good luck with the build. Feel free to follow our YouTube channel: Nikko and Lee

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Nice looking Jeep. To be honest we are currently tackling the TAT and you dont need much in order to live out of the JKU on this TAT excursion. We are on day 16 in ozarks, Arkansas. I did build a sleeping platform in the back so that does help alot. We wont be hitting any motels just strictly Jeep and tents. So far it's been epic! Good luck with the build. Feel free to follow our YouTube channel: Nikko and Lee

Thank you for the heads up.. I have been following your thread and watching the videos, im pretty jealous to be honest. But my time will come

Reactions: Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Thank you for the heads up.. I have been following your thread and watching the videos, im pretty jealous to be honest. But my time will come
Hey awesome! Thanks for tuning in. I promise we will be posting more content once we get good wifi connection. This has been one epic cross country trip so far. You will love it! (Dont skip around the TAT you will regret it, we have gone the whole way except for a section in VA.) Prepare and enjoy the trip, take your time it's awesome.

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Hey awesome! Thanks for tuning in. I promise we will be posting more content once we get good wifi connection. This has been one epic cross country trip so far. You will love it! (Dont skip around the TAT you will regret it, we have gone the whole way except for a section in VA.) Prepare and enjoy the trip, take your time it's awesome.
Oh i absoulutely cant wait. im sure it is the trip of a lifetime.

Reactions: Nickzero