P&P Sliders
(2) 2Gallon RotoPax on DepHEP
(2) 120mm Ammo Cans on Dephep

Lighting
Blue Sea Box
Offroad Gorrila Light bar mounts
42''LED Bar
Side and Rear LED Lights

I have some parts on order and projects to finish so im sure ill have an update soon!

Im sure im missing a bunch, I just realized i don't have many pictures of my rig. I guess i better plan a new adventure and get some.

Last edited:

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Anything.........is better than that stock Y pipe. My AT doesn't downshift on some hills where it used too.

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

Had my windshield replaced. So at least thats done with.

Then since i haven't been in NJ for a few years, i was past due for inspection. While i was driving to the inspection station i got a CEL! WTF

I used my tuner to pull the code and cleared it hoping i could squeeze through. I didn't. But at least now it has a rejected sticker and not an expired one. Im almost positive i need to change my primary cats. My uncle is a mechanic so I'm going to see if he can help me figure it out for sure.

Every time i try to cross something off my to do list i need to add two more! I hate that.

Good news. I got a book for Christmas. It seems interesting. Ive been some of these places already. Some seem to be the touristy roadside stuff ( balls of twine) but some of it is interesting and now i have more to add to my roadtrip stops!

Next warm day im going to dump out the rig. Clean it and slim down some gear i haven't used and check expiration dates on first aid supplies and emergency food. I thought about making a spreadsheet for everything with dates so i can do it more fluidly. Not sure im up for it though.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: DanR

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
Nice! Aluminum or steel?

Also, how do you like the Toyo AT2s? I'm always scouting out my next set of tires and I think I want to go with something a little less aggressive than the Duratracs next time. I've narrowed it down to either the KO2s or the AT2.

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

Nice! Aluminum or steel?

Also, how do you like the Toyo AT2s? I'm always scouting out my next set of tires and I think I want to go with something a little less aggressive than the Duratracs next time. I've narrowed it down to either the KO2s or the AT2.
I went with steel. When i did my suspension last summer i got the stiffer coils for when i added a steel bumper. I probably would have been fine withe the normal ones though. I love the AT2s. I was on the fence with the K02s
I heard a lot of great things about both but noticed everyone was on the K02 fan club so i wasnt sure if it was just a fad or if they really are awesome. Apparently. They really do rock. In the end when i took my rig to a shop to get the suspension done(i wasnt about to mess with those 10 year old rusted bolts) they had both tires in stock At2s were 10 bucks cheaper a tire hahah
10ply agressive but not too knoby. I do a lot of hwy driving cross country and think they are pretty quiet. I have taken them off road and had no issues. I was on some pretty rough roads too. You might have to flip a coin. I would have if the price was the same. But now that i have them im happy and ill probably get another set next time i need them.

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Picked up my heftyfabworks bumper from fed ex! It was well worth the wait. I have an Engo winch on the way and im hoping to get this installed sometime over the weekend.

Sweet bumper! I have been dead set going with all Shrockworks bumpers, but I may consider this one for the front now... love to see pics of it after the install.

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

Sweet bumper! I have been dead set going with all Shrockworks bumpers, but I may consider this one for the front now... love to see pics of it after the install.
I will get some pics up once its installed. I decided to get it without the tubes that come up to protect the lights just because i like the way it looks and don't see to many that way. I might one day wish i had the protection but i don't think ill regret my decision.

Did i just jinx myself?crap

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I am wondering if you have considered the radiator bypass? For what I have read there is a fault in the transmission warmer located in the radiator can leak and coolant can enter the transmission causing critical failure. A friend decided to bypass this with a hose coupler and then plugging the two barbs on the bottom.

Reactions: Rogue Beardsman

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

I am wondering if you have considered the radiator bypass? For what I have read there is a fault in the transmission warmer located in the radiator can leak and coolant can enter the transmission causing critical failure. A friend decided to bypass this with a hose coupler and then plugging the two barbs on the bottom.
Thanks for the concern! I already am bypassed! I also added a fan that i can switch on when moving slow. I monitor my transmission temps through a bulldog tuner. I have a secondary cooler to add one day but i havent had too many issues with high temps.

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

Started a new project. I want to repaint my hood to just a matte bedliner and get rid of the herculiner. Now that i have a hefty bumper that is powder coated all the herculiner is gone on the front except the hood.

The herculiner was good. It looked awesome because of the texture. My problem is that its a pain to clean because of that texture and starts to look faded and uneven unless i keep it washed all the time. So i thought it be a good project and do something new.

On plastic herculiner just peels off. On metal it peels in tiny tiny pieces. I started by cutting strips and working them up but it was slow going. So. Someone told me to het aircraft paint stripper and that it will still work on the herculiner. Now i have a tacky mess and it ate through in some spots and not others. So im back to useing a putty knife and just peeling off the chunks. The paint remover weakened it. So now i can peel a tiny bit at a time before it breaks. Crap. This might take a while but i dont really have anything better to do. As long as the weather stays nice.

I installed the hefty bumper yesterday
The winch i ordered hasnt even shipped or been confirmed. That kinda annoys me. I sent an email asking whats up before i cancel.
I think o still need to do some more adjustments on the bumper to get it a little closer to the body. I only have the one picture my friend took. When we were done it was dark. Ill get some more pictures today

Reactions: maxfederle89

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Looks like you got your work cut out for you on the hood project! Yikes! Looks like the bumper project is coming along great... looking forward to seeing the completed install. What model winch are you installing on it?

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

Looks like you got your work cut out for you on the hood project! Yikes! Looks like the bumper project is coming along great... looking forward to seeing the completed install. What model winch are you installing on it?
I got the herculiner all peeled off now. Just need to sand and paint.

Im going with an engo 9,000lb. With synthetic line. It had some good reviews and a decent price.

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Nice! I'm buying ComeUp 9.5 winch off of another OB member brand new in the box... So my next purchase is/was going to be front and rear Shrockworks bumpers. We'll see, I may just go with your brand front bumper and a Shrock rear one with the swing out tire arm.