Rank IV

Advocate III

14990 Horse Crossing Place, Hughesville, Maryland 20637, United States
First Name
Gilbert
Last Name
McNew
Member #

Just getting started on my Overland build. I have purchased a few things and just added, but not wired my lights. I will probably test wire them up tonight to see how they look. I still need to get an auxiliary dual battery set up, a project for another day. I am hoping to get my lift and tires on this coming Saturday. Last weekend was a flop as I could not get the clevis bolts out of the lower control arms. I have ordered new ones so if I have to cut out the old ones I am prepared. I have started spraying them with PB release in the morning and evening. Not looking forward to the pain in the but that will be. Fingers crosed.

Attachments

Reactions: ghost6119

ghost6119

Rank 0

Traveler I

Just getting started on my Overland build. I have purchased a few things and just added, but not wired my lights. I will probably test wire them up tonight to see how they look. I still need to get an auxiliary dual battery set up, a project for another day. I am hoping to get my lift and tires on this coming Saturday. Last weekend was a flop as I could not get the clevis bolts out of the lower control arms. I have ordered new ones so if I have to cut out the old ones I am prepared. I have started spraying them with PB release in the morning and evening. Not looking forward to the pain in the but that will be. Fingers crosed.
Those Clevis bolts are a PITA!!! PB blaster and some heat. I had a 2006 got totaled in a wreck. Bought a 2008 4.7, got the OME light with HD Springs and 1in spacers up front. Custom front and rear bumpers, rocky road rock sliders, RTT and snorkel. It’s been a great Jeep!!!

Attachments

gmcnew

Rank IV

Advocate III

First Name
Gilbert
Last Name
McNew
Member #

Sweet Commander Ghost. I bought the 2.5 lift and 1.75 spacers from Rocky. That's what I am going to try to get on this coming Saturday. I went ahead and ordered new Clevis bolts and bushes after last weekends failure.

Just got the light finish tonight. Pretty happy with them. Got them off Amazon and bought the light brackets of ebay. They're the ones that run along the windshield and you can get your vehicle model cut out long the vertical column. They look great and were easy to install. Just had to bend them a little to match up with the lights.

Attachments

ghost6119

Rank 0

Traveler I

If I had to do if over again (I’m thinking about changing them out), I would send the extra for the JBA UCA over the RRO ones. The reason why is RRO went to smaller bushing then what’s stock, the bushing they use are for a Jeep Liberty. I wore though them pretty quick, the Commanders need the bigger bushings!!!

gmcnew

Rank IV

Advocate III

First Name
Gilbert
Last Name
McNew
Member #

If I had to do if over again (I’m thinking about changing them out), I would send the extra for the JBA UCA over the RRO ones. The reason why is RRO went to smaller bushing then what’s stock, the bushing they use are for a Jeep Liberty. I wore though them pretty quick, the Commanders need the bigger bushings!!!
I bought Moog bushings and new bolts. I had a feeling I was going to have to cut the old ones out. I am glad I bought them because I had to cut the bolt to get the Celvis arm off. I then cut the bushings out and installed new Moog bushings. I didn't buy the RRO bushings. Sounds like I made the right choice.