2006 4runner Limited

• HTML tutorial

jimbohotwings

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego
Member #

Oh and I also finished this project. I bought the anchor points from Frontrunner and bolted them to a sheet of marine grade plywood. This is only temporary but all of my stock anchor points were all trashed and I needed something more sturdy for a future trip. I also bit the bullet and purchase two front runner wolf pack cases and two alubox aluminum cases from equipt expedition outfitters.

jimbohotwings

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego
Member #

So after a 6 month search of San Diego county for the right fabricator, I decided to go with GR Fab in Chula Vista, CA. The owner is mostly a one man show, knows his stuff and doesn't charge as much as the biggest shops in this area. He also allowed me to work on the vehicle in the shop and make preparations for a up and coming trip. My goals was for him to build be something lighter than the full wrap around bumper that CBI makes but still be able to carry a spare tire along with a few accessories (CBI makes an outstanding product by the way). As of right now it only has a tire carrier but it was build with ability to add other options down the road. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out.

jimbohotwings

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego
Member #

Took the rig to Targhee Music Fest over the weekend. It was a two thousand mile road trip and the rig performed great. Can't tell you how many people asked about the skottle. I need to be an authorized dealer.

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
First Name
Eduardo
Last Name
MunFrat
This 4Rn looks awesome…I'm definitely taking notes and getting great ideas from your build...keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clairemont, San Diego, CA 92117
Member #

Another San Diego silver 4th Gen. It's looking great!! I'm about 6 months behind you in building mine up, I'll probably start a build thread this weekend. A GR rear bumper like yours is my next big project. I really like his work.

jimbohotwings

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego
Member #

Its been a while since I updated the build thread but over that last few months, I've installed an arb air compressor under the under in preparation of a rear locker. I also installed a Kenwood dual band radio the sunglass holder. I chose the location mostly to keep the clutter away from the cupholder and center console area. I already have to ram mounts that take up a lot of space. Anyways here are some of the pictures of the radio install and the air hose I into the front bumper for tire inflation. 53.jpg 54.jpg 56.jpg 55.jpg 57.jpg