Launch Member

Advocate II

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
4rx4
Member #

Hey I’ve been looking at bumper for my truck. I really like the ARB bumper. But I would like to run the CBI skid plates. I’m just not sure if the fit together. Seeing if any has done this or do you just have to run the ARB skids?

Reactions: Chadlyb and Xiggi

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey I’ve been looking at bumper for my truck. I really like the ARB bumper. But I would like to run the CBI skid plates. I’m just not sure if the fit together. Seeing if any has done this or do you just have to run the ARB skids?
I have the ARB bumper and run RCI armor full front to back and sliders. No problems. Should be able to do the same. 20181123_083245.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

You ever notice your bumper shack or move a bit on rough roads? I have an ARB bumper on a 3rd gen and it shacks more than I would have thought.
Yes. Freaked me out at first but once it was adjusted and not rubbing on my fenders or body, I'm ok now. Still love the look and full protection it gives.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

So it’s safe to assume it’s just the frame moving and not the bumper about to shake off. Because I’ve re torqued and even paint penned all the bolts and nothing is loose.
Exactly.....no matter how tight it is. It's always going to move with the frame. You're good to go.

Reactions: Baytuckey