2005 Nissan Patrol TD42 ST-L aka "Lola"

• HTML tutorial

Conroe

Rank II

Advocate II

Hailing from Sydney Australia, this is my gal, Lola the Patrol!

Bought her near-stock about 3 years back, and she's come a long way, but still has a long way to go. You can follow my adventures at @conroe.au on instagram. Stoked to be in the Overland Bound community now!

LOLA-1.jpg

2005 ST-L
4.2 litre turbo diesel
3" straight thru exhaust
3" Dobinson lift
4" Fox remote-resi shocks
305/70/R16 BF Goodrich KM2's
ARB Deluxe winch bar
CTEK DC-DC dual battery setup
Side awning
Roof top tent
DIY drop-down barn-door table
Engel fridge converted to digital control
GME TX3520s UHF
Twin GME AE4705 antennas
More lights than I can poke a stick at

When I first picked it up
IMG_6538.JPG IMG_7741.JPG IMG_7742.JPG IMG_7743.JPG IMG_7744.JPG IMG_7746.JPG IMG_7747.JPG IMG_7748.JPG

Wife is a weapon cooking, wherever she finds herself
IMG_7749.JPG

Driving my groomsmen to my wedding
IMG_7750.JPG IMG_7752.JPG

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Sweet Rig mate :).. How do you find the kings rooftop ? ive been thinking about getting one

I knew i had seen it somewhere and its just clicked i follow you on insta

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Conroe

Rank II

Advocate II

Ah classic! It can all get crazy following so many other 4WDers on instagram hey!

The Kings has been great, probably slept 12 nights in it now, and it's been strong, weatherproof, easy to setup. No complaints here. I wish I could take it on and off more easily, cos it's a fair bit of a wind break, but real happy with it.

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Yeah that's for sure it's good but i have meet a heap of people through Instagram :) im hearing the pretty much the same thing from everyone i ask about the rooftop and for the price you really cant beat it :)

Conroe

Rank II

Advocate II

Stoked I finally got my solar panels mounted up to trial. It's only two little 20W panels in to my CTek but just gonna use it as a trial. When I can afford to install a big flat rack I'll mount a bigger panel underneath, and potentially put it on drawer sliders. Got some neatening up to do, but glad to have them working away

Conroe

Rank II

Advocate II

Thought I'd share some of my mods. I've got access to a CNC engraver at work; mostly only good for plastic, or surface engraving metal, so I've been able to knock up some switch panels for my Patrol. I did a utility panel for the rear with charging sockets, voltmeters and a light switch for my barn door lighting. In my overhead sunglasses holder I replaced it with a switch panel for all my lights. The switches are double throw, so in one direction they are triggered by a signal wire like high beams, in the other direction they can be switched manually.

I've also bought a couple Arduino boards, and now have a graphic LCD with white text on black. I want to integrate it in to my dash with voltages, currents, boost and EGT etc but haven't made any progress in a while. Gotta get back to that!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Conroe

Rank II

Advocate II

The past week or two, I've been back to work on my Arduino, to try and get some new tech in to the car!
This is my progress for the week. Monitoring Primary and Aux battery voltages, and solar panel voltage, plus a temp probe for inside and out. The voltages all seem to be down by 0.4V on the true values, so I gotta check my code. Still need to Truncate a decimal point off all the figures, and design a mounting for the screen in-cab. Then moving on to current flow, boost and EGT!
IMG_7950.JPG
IMG_7948.JPG