Enthusiast I

Palm Desert, California 92260, United States
First Name
Nate
Last Name
LeBlanc
Member #

Currently building my 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE z71 4x4 Overland Rig. OB# 4345

Spend half my time in the Mountains and Desert. Some of the best trails are right in my backyard. Been building my GMC for the last 6 months and it has been coming along. There are too many great rigs to mention that I give credit for the ideas. Enjoy! Any comments or questions, please feel free to ask. Carpe Diem. Cheers!

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 z71 Specs:
* Bed Length: 69”
* Bed Width: 63” = 5.8’
* Tire Size: 33”
* Rim Size: 17”
* Suspension: 2.5” Rancho leveling kit
* Doors: 4 door, crew cab
* Engine: 5.3L V8 Vortec

Stock:
IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4393.JPG
IMG_4740.JPG
IMG_4870.JPG

Installed so far:

1. Softopper Folding Roof Top
*IMG_5077.JPG
* IMG_5659.JPG
Name that Mountain Pass....?

2. KB Voodoo Utility Bed Rack
* Width: 67.5”
* Length: 45.5”
* Height: 26”
* Weight Capacity (Dynamic): 200 lbs
* Weight Capacity (Static): 400 lbs
* IMG_6024.JPG
* IMG_6025.JPG

3. Decked drawers
* Review: Love the organizational aspect of the Decked. It’s a plus that it is compatible with the Bed Slide. Before, my truck bed space was not being utilized and was disorganized to the MAX!! Now it’s easy to grab tools, hunting and fishing equipment etc. The list goes on with what you can store and add to your Decked. I added interior lighting to the drawers which makes grabbing anything at night very easy. Would recommend 4.5/5 to anybody.
*IMG_7526.JPG

View attachment 86601

4. THULE Roof rack cross bars
* Thule Square Bar 58”
* Thule Traverse Foot Pack
* KIT1522
* 18” from front windshield
* 33” apart

5. BajaRack Megamule cargo basket
* 64” long, 5.3’
* Weight: 70lbs

6. ARB 2000x2500 Side Awning

7. Exterior & Interior Accessory Lighting
* Exterior:
* 10 LED pods
* 2 Front Rigid hyper-spot pods
- Wired separately
- Mounted in front of BajaRack
-View attachment 76439
* 2 NiLight Hood ditch floods
* Wired separately
* View attachment 76440
* 2 NiLight 45* rear floods
-Wired with additional side floods
-View attachment 76441
* 2 NiLight Side Floods
-Wired with 45* rear floods
* 2 NiLight rear floods
-Wired separately
-View attachment 76442
* Thinking of running Rear emergency light bar??????
-Rigid - View attachment 76443
View attachment 86607

* Interior:
* Softopper interior lighting
* 8 white LEDs underneath side rails
* 8 Red LED mounted to softopper rails
*View attachment 86602
View attachment 86604

8. Roof Top Tent
* 23Zero Litchfield Roof Top Tent

View attachment 86603

9. Dual Battery Solar Set Up

*View attachment 86605
*View attachment 86606

Additions to come: if you can provide any reviews or recommendations on the following ideas that would be greatly appreciated.

*23zero Litchfield roof top tent
* Softopper Roof Storage
*Lockable tailgate & Softopper
*Dometic and YETI Portable/Mobile Refrigeration
* RotoPaxFuel containers
*Touch screen navigation & Backup camera
* Automatic starter
*Recovery Gear
*Bed Slide system

* LED Head & Tail Lights
*Fender Flares
*Camp lighting
*CB/Radio/Weather
*Tires
-BFG Km3 -mud terrain
-Toyo At2 -all terraon
*Suspension Lift
[View attachment 86608][/IMG]

Last edited:

Bowtied13

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burton
Awesome!! This is that same platform I plan on using for my overland build. I love the classic bodystyle Silverados and Sierras. [emoji869] It's good to see more people building fullsize rigs. I'll definitely be following along as the build progresses. Keep us updated!

FuegoLeBlanc81435

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Nate
Last Name
LeBlanc
Member #

Dude! Love it. I like all the organizational things. For some reason I always liked the soft top campers over the hard ones. I think they have a cool rugged look to them. Digging that roof rack.. I wish I had picked up a bit bigger one myself. [emoji106]
Thanks. The Decked has helped out a bunch. The KB voodoo was a b**** to set up but has been great since then. Supports 200 lbs dynamic and 400 lbs static. Roof top tent is arriving this week!

Reactions: Overland_Mitsu

FuegoLeBlanc81435

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Nate
Last Name
LeBlanc
Member #

Awesome!! This is that same platform I plan on using for my overland build. I love the classic bodystyle Silverados and Sierras. [emoji869] It's good to see more people building fullsize rigs. I'll definitely be following along as the build progresses. Keep us updated!
They are good looking. It’s a tough build to find the parts that work but I’ve done my due diligence in researching and finding pieces for the build. This is not my dream build but it works for now. AEV Prospector 2500 Dodge is the next build.

Reactions: Bowtied13

hoosierboy

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gas City, IN, USA
Member #

Nice rig so far. I'm on almost the same platform. Ext cab instead of quad and 03 not 05. You've got a nice setup, I'll be sure to share mine as it progresses as well.

I love seeing builds outside of jeeps and yotas. Keep it going!

91B/91S

Thanks. More to come. Installing dual battery with solar and power inverter this weekend.
Nice build. I run an 03 Silverado with an A.R.E. shell. Been looking to install a dual battery setup. What part numbers are you using for this?

Reactions: Eagle

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
I run an 03 Silverado with an A.R.E. shell.
I just saw your post earlier and went to check out A.R.E. to see what offerings they have. I had no clue that the HD varients of their fiberglass shells are actually reinforced with a metal ladder rack and they can carry up to 500lbs on top. The side window tool boxes on the HD can carry up to 200lbs each too. Pretty cool...

91B/91S

I just saw your post earlier and went to check out A.R.E. to see what offerings they have. I had no clue that the HD varients of their fiberglass shells are actually reinforced with a metal ladder rack and they can carry up to 500lbs on top. The side window tool boxes on the HD can carry up to 200lbs each too. Pretty cool...
A.R.E. Makes a great product. I always recommend their shells to those in the market.

Reactions: great08

Eagle

Rank I

Contributor III

Florida, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
C
Looking forward to more of your posts. I'm looking for inspiration for my 2003 Sierra 2500 with a Leer cap. I'm looking to replace the aged rails on the Yakima rack so I can mount my RRT. Tires and winch next I think.