2004 Forester X "The Blueberry"

• HTML tutorial

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

Welcome to the Subee family, we had a 2014 Forester until some dick racing his buddy down I-95 near Miami, tagged it in the right rear quarter, spun the car around, rolled 4 times then slid on the roof almost 200 feet, blew all the windows and tires out, all the air bags popped, it slid so far the road sanded the front roof pillar down to where the front window glass started, really trashed it. My Wife, her 2 sisters and Mom walked away without a scratch. Our Subaru dealer saw the pix and wanted copies to show customers. The only thing good that came from it, we got a new Outback! Rock On Subaru! Good luck with your build!
Thanks. And, wow! That’s quite an experience, and glad they walked out of it. Subaru has really been developing a reputation for safety. Reminds me of Volvo and the pride they took in safety.

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

It's been about three months since I've been on... so I guess an update would be in order.

Let's begin...

First on the update is the installation of a set of Hella Sharptones. I ordered these through submimods.com and got their wiring harness to make life a little easier.
The stock horns worked perfectly fine, but I wanted something that made my presence known a little more. And within two days they paid for themselves.

Installation was pretty straightforward. The biggest "challenge" was mounting the horns, but that became more of a creative endeavor. Thankfully, there are two spots that work perfectly. Just had to get my Dremel out and do some minor work on the back of the grille so everything would fit. Also, had to do a little thinking about mounting the relay. If anyone needs more info/pictures, just shoot me a message.

Adding to the character of The Blueberry is a Subaru Texas Flag vinyl for the emblem, courtesy of Orsini Vinyl & Designs.

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

Next part of the update...

"This little light of mine..."

CEL came on after running around southern Oklahoma one Saturday. I'll spare everyone the details and skip to the main part... It was a clogged vent valve. But the dealer also found that the charcoal canister was coming apart internally... So, that was $1,000 that I wasn't ready to pay. But on the flip-side, things seem to be running well, and I passed inspection.

Good to go for another year.

But let's move to something a bit more fun...

Reactions: Mike Q