Launch Member

Traveler I

Old Bridge, NJ
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Arzig
Member #

Hey y’all, my names Mike, I’m from Central NJ, and this is my rig, it’s a 2003 Ford Explorer, 4.0 V6, lifted 3” on 31’s, so far the list of mods I have done to it:
Roof rack w/ tools
Brush guard w/ limb risers
LED HB/LB and fog lights
Uniden CB, w/ 4ft Firestik
Front and rear 31” light bars mount on the rack, as well as 2 cubes mounted on the brush guard.
Recently just had a buddy build a utility drawer setup for the trunk area, and I also added a rear tire carrier, to save room on the roof.

The utility drawers are made with a combination of 3/4” Pine and MDF.

The tire carrier, was a few different things thrown together, originally it was a curt spare mount, but I needed it to swing down to access the trunk, so with a little digging and huge thanks to another OB member LVcoffeeguy, I was able to figure out how to make this happen, I will attach pictures below.

Marzig195

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Old Bridge, NJ
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Arzig
Member #

Disregard that ladies and gentlemen! For some reason I can’t add pictures from my phone!

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Nice work! I drive an '02 Explorer as my company car (municipal employee). I'll admit, as a Jeep guy, I discounted Explorers as "wanna-be's" but I gotta admit, I like it!!!!

Reactions: Marzig195

Marzig195

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Old Bridge, NJ
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Arzig
Member #

Nice work! I drive an '02 Explorer as my company car (municipal employee). I'll admit, as a Jeep guy, I discounted Explorers as "wanna-be's" but I gotta admit, I like it!!!!
Thanks man! I’ve put a decent amount of work into it, need to take it on some rocky trails to see how it does, it’s pretty good in the mud and sand though