2003 Chevy tracker zr2

• HTML tutorial

barg

Rank 0

Traveler I

Here is my 2003 Chevy tracker progress in the year I've owned it. Only thing I have left to do is wire a warn m8000 winch I have and get some rock sliders.
Upgrades include:
-2 inch suspension lift
-2 inch body lift
-30" bfg mud terrains on Bart d window wheels
-custom bumper and KC lights
-custom offroad storage
-skid plates

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I have owned many Chevy S-Series (even a ZR2) don't know much about the tracker, what engine is in it?

mattjans

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rockville, MD, USA
Member #

Barg! This is awesome! I have a 2002 4-door, and have been starting to plan off-road upgrades. Thanks for pics and details.

A few questions...

1) I assume you can't do a roof rack with a soft-top (mine is hard top with factory roof rack). Other than that is there any reason you put all your gear in the back v. on the top or back of the rear door. Just thinking of internal space for other gear.

2) How long have you gone out with it? Anything overnight?

3) Looks like you didn't do anything with the engine or gearing (assuming 4 cyl). Having any trouble with power? I'm guessing that with more gear/weight, it would be come a problem, though. Mines a 4 cyl and a little bigger b/c 4-door and hard top. My wife and I are trying to decide if we want to also add a roof-top tent or pull some sort of small trailer (Patriot Camper from Australia is AWESOME but out of our price range).

Thanks again for sharing! Happy off-roading.