2002 Land Rover Discovery 4 door - Ebay

• HTML tutorial

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

I just want to know how he gets 17mpg highway.
It probably hasn't been regeared for the 35's. So the speedo is off by about 20% and the gearing is ridiculously high. 0-60 mph acceleration is same day but it cruises at 1500 rpm.

Even still if it sells for less than $15K it's a good deal.

Rodtheviking

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Williams
Member #

http://www.extreme-rovers.com/bighoss/
I went to the site. As a new comer to the offroad overland camping scene, It looks like a sweet deal, but... is it?
I wouldn't.

And I have had 4 Rovers, lol.

I don't see anywhere in the add if they put in a lockable t-case. The 2002 year did not come with one, you have to swap it out to get it. The Traction Control works well but a locked T-case is a must. Also there is no "6 inch Terrafirma lift" I would have to guess its a combo of springs and spacers to get a full "6 inch" and if it is, then you run into a whole mess of problems with drive line angles and such. I would guess the have a HD 3 inch with spacers, and hopefully radius arms front and back, extended brake lines and hopefully a U-joint prop shaft. Not to mention you will need a re-gear in the near future.

Looks nice though but not 15k nice.

Reactions: JPStone

TGF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lunenburg, MA
Member #

I understand that you'd generally prefer to hold off for a 2004 due to the slipping cylinder liners finally being addressed.

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

It ended up going for $6900. One of the other things the description didn't address is the head gaskets. If they hadn't been done already it's probably just a matter of days before one blows.