• HTML tutorial

Polako

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Shelton, CT
Member #

Hello Everybody,
About same time that i got this rig was when I come across overlanding and completely fell into, so despite original plan. Instead of making it into off road truck it mellowed down and went more into overlanding. As I'm partially working as contractor truck is also heavily influenced by it, that's where ladder came into place and some minor items. It's my second Ranger and since I'm familiar with Ford brand and Ranger platform itself it makes great base for me of adventure. I'm honestly surprised that there is not much more Rangers around is they are so widely available.
So here is my rig: 2002 Ford Ranger FX4 5Speed with manual transfer case 4.0 with 238k on a clock. Before I even bought the truck I was interested in 4bt cummins swap so millage wasn't the problem. I only cared for solid bones and that Ranger edition, since living in rust belt is problem. More and more I research diesel swap the more I'm leaning into getting another 4.0 and just keeping it around.
First few months was rebuild:
- new fluids, filters all around
- intake, manifold gasket
- front suspension with MOGG (extecpt torsion bars)
- completely cleaned and painted frame and anywhere underside that I could reach
- in rear: new leaf pack, add-a-leaf and chevy drop shackles for 3in lift
- heavy duty/ towing brakes up front, new brakes in rear
- rust repair

While having front diff out, got easier accessible drain hole welded in. It's near impossible to drain otherwise.

Well ahead of schedule truck demanded attention with busted shackle mount. So whole rear end got done, with new leafs and 3' shackle lift rear end was 5.5 in higher.

Reactions: JCWages

Polako

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Shelton, CT
Member #

Now onto fun part and actuall overland build:
Front bull bar with hidden 9k winch and hitch receiver, it is home build and got it off Craigslist. Very well build, already tested it.
Ladder rack which I modified to fit over the cap and added mesh platform on cantilever.
Rear tube Jeep bumper with swing out for spare and Jerry can.
Handful of LED lights all around