Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Antonio, tx
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Figured I should start a build thread after having this Jeep for 6 years. I’m going to post up a bunch of info now and I’ll go through and take pictures of everything this evening.

2001 Jeep Cherokee sport

Specs:
Engine
fresh rebuilt straight 6 with 100miles

Suspension
4.5in rough county lift
Heavy duty tie rod, drag link and track bat from Rusty’s Offroad

Armor
DirtBound front bumper and I built the rear bumper with a swing arm for my tire and high lift. Need to add a gas can holder and a spot for my antennas. Once I get some time I’ll build some rear panel armor with a small later for easy access to the roof rack.
Roof rack I picked up from jcr I modified it a bit to my liking I didn’t think it had enough support and had no expanded metal for a floor.

I have changed all the lights for led bulbs
Got all my interior panels hydro dipped in max5 camo also had my headliner done in max5
Just finished my storage box in the cargo area not totally pleased with the out come so I might change some stuff in it down the road. I had installed a water tank system with a pump trying to figure out another solution so I don’t lose floor space for rear passengers.
Waiting on my molle window panels to come in from DirtBound so have a place to hang my pfd and helmet and other gear.

As mentioned above this is a search and rescue rig so lighting is crucial and of course everything is led. For scene lighting the front of the rig 12in bar on the bumper and 50in on the rack on the side of the rack I have a 7in bar on both sides and the back of the rack 2 cubes.
For emergency lighting 4 strobes on the front bumper and 4 strobes on the back bumper. 30in strobe in the back window and 2 strobes on the dash.

Subscribe and stay tuned for pictures that I’ll post this evening and more info about want I have done. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

RobertM

Rank III

Advocate III

Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Medina
Member #

Figured I should start a build thread after having this Jeep for 6 years. I’m going to post up a bunch of info now and I’ll go through and take pictures of everything this evening.

2001 Jeep Cherokee sport

Specs:
Engine
fresh rebuilt straight 6 with 100miles

Suspension
4.5in rough county lift
Heavy duty tie rod, drag link and track bat from Rusty’s Offroad

Armor
DirtBound front bumper and I built the rear bumper with a swing arm for my tire and high lift. Need to add a gas can holder and a spot for my antennas. Once I get some time I’ll build some rear panel armor with a small later for easy access to the roof rack.
Roof rack I picked up from jcr I modified it a bit to my liking I didn’t think it had enough support and had no expanded metal for a floor.

I have changed all the lights for led bulbs
Got all my interior panels hydro dipped in max5 camo also had my headliner done in max5
Just finished my storage box in the cargo area not totally pleased with the out come so I might change some stuff in it down the road. I had installed a water tank system with a pump trying to figure out another solution so I don’t lose floor space for rear passengers.
Waiting on my molle window panels to come in from DirtBound so have a place to hang my pfd and helmet and other gear.

As mentioned above this is a search and rescue rig so lighting is crucial and of course everything is led. For scene lighting the front of the rig 12in bar on the bumper and 50in on the rack on the side of the rack I have a 7in bar on both sides and the back of the rack 2 cubes.
For emergency lighting 4 strobes on the front bumper and 4 strobes on the back bumper. 30in strobe in the back window and 2 strobes on the dash.

Subscribe and stay tuned for pictures that I’ll post this evening and more info about want I have done. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi Matt, am also from San Antonio/Texas area and looking to get to know local people for future adventures etc.

Nice to meet you…. Will follow you to stay in touch