Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Mattingly
Member #

So I’m finally getting around to building my XJ. I know there’s probably about a million XJs out there exactly like how I’m building mine, but I’m still excited about it. I bought it about 4 months ago completely stock and ordered a 4.5” rough country lift, a front winch bumper, and a heavier built rear bumper. I’ll be ordering some 33” tires in a day or so. But all that stuff just kinda sat around until i had time to mess with it recently so here we are! I’m still in the process but right now i have the rear lift completely done and am working on mounting the rear bumper. I had to make new brake lines since one of mine broke when i tapped it with a wrench because they were so rusty. Hopefully I’ll finish up with the bumper tomorrow and at least get one side of the front done. I plan on building a spare tire carrier and adding a mount for a couple Jerry cans and I’m going to take out the rear bench seat and build a raised platform to sleep on and have storage underneath. I realized i haven’t been taking many pics so far except on Snapchat so I’ll try to get better progress pics from now on. IMG_1815.JPGIMG_1825.JPGIMG_1826.JPGIMG_1827.JPGIMG_1828.JPG

I know it’s nothing special but it’s a cheap-ish way for me to get into over-landing and hopefully it’ll take me on some pretty awesome adventures.

IMG_1822.JPGIMG_1823.JPG

Also does anyone know anything about the Kelly Safari TSR tires? About how long they’d last on a daily driver and any other info on them? Thanks!

Reactions: Arailt

CZHipster

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

South West Florida
Member #

That Xj is the hotness! My Florida rig is a 2001 Xj sport. I have a three and a half inch lift on it and I've done a bunch of modifications. My favorite is the trailhead off road cowl air intake. I have a 7-pin trailer connector put on for my Smittybilt Scout trailer when it decides to show up. Otherwise, I use it for driving around the ranch and some light off-roading. There's not much to do here in South Florida.IMG_20180816_151836.jpeg

Reactions: cmattingly6