Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
This trip started in 2018 when I was wondering if there was a north south backcountry route through the Oregon coastal mountains from the Columbia River to the California Border. I started researching maps and the web to see if it was possible. A route slowly appeared that ran through a mix of public and private land.. The route travels through active logging areas where a CB radio is required to monitor the log truck operations. Remember that logging operations have the right of way. There are several gates that were open to the private land areas with signs that they could be closed and locked at anytime. I hope you enjoy the trip.

You can read about more of our adventure and see photos of our trips on our travel blog.

You can support the channel by donating via PayPal.

You can also support the production of more remote travel videos by becoming a member of my Patreon team.

Watch the Video

Forest waterfall
20 rivers-00024.jpg

Typical forest road
20 rivers-00034.jpg

Sweet Creek
20 rivers-00037.jpg

Nehalem River
20 rivers-00363.jpg

Up on top
20 rivers-00366.jpg

Columbia Lily
20 rivers-00369.jpg

The thimble berries were ripe and plentiful
20 rivers-00397.jpg

The Chetco River
20 rivers-00426.jpg

On the Oregon California border at the end of the April scouting trip
20 rivers-5466.jpg

Camping in the tall firs
20 rivers-5671.jpg

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
Episode 2 of our trip through the Oregon Coastal Mountains is now up on YouTube. In this episode we will start from a hunters camp near the Trask river and continue south through the coastal mountains on our way to the California Border. Along the way we will see a black bear, cross 12 rivers, and enjoy some beautiful views.

You can read about more of our adventure and see photos of our trips on our travel blog.

You can support the production of more remote travel videos by becoming a member of my Patreon team.

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
The third and final episode of our trip through the Oregon Coastal Mountains is up on YouTube. In this episode we travel from our camp in the mountains to the Oregon California border. I hope you enjoy the trip. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to watch it.

You can support the production of more remote travel videos by becoming a member of my Patreon team.

20 Rivers to Cross, A trip through the Oregon Coastal Mountains Episode 3

Reactions: KAIONE and velo47

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
Here is a short video showing some to the challenges that we faced during three scouting trips that proved the route viability.

Reactions: KAIONE

G0to60

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Milwaukie, OR
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Larson
Nice finding a route along the coastal range. I'll be watching your videos to see how you do. I know that I've come across a couple of blocked routes while exploring the logging regions in the Tillamook SF.

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
I have hit blocked roads in TSF several times. Maps show the road going through even though they are blocked or totally washed out. Hope you enjoy the videos.