First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
@French

What model is your rear tire carrier and did you need to remove the bumper to mount it? I'm thinking about something similar for my '97 to carry H2O, Gas, and recovery gear. Being hitch mounted I could move it to the back of my popup when towing. This looks like a good start compared to what I've been looking at.

Boort
I'm not sure of the model the brand is Tiregate https://www.wilcooffroad.com/ it was off a chevy Tahoe, I did remove the rear bumper because the receiver was set to far back, it's very well made check out their website.

Reactions: Boort

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Now the bull bar should look like this. The easy part is over now you have to sort through this bag of bolts and figure what matches the install document.IMG_0083.JPGIMG_0048.JPGIMG_0044.JPGIMG_0049.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy P

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Remove old bumper, this is fairly easy. I didn't take pictures of this because I encountered a stripped bolt in one of the bumper crash cans that I had to drill out to remove.IMG_0050.JPGIMG_0084.JPG

Last edited:

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Once you have the bumper off it helps to understand how this is going to be mounted. The instruction are very weak and could use an expanded view of how the brackets and hardware are supposed to be installed.IMG_0085.JPGIMG_0086.JPGIMG_0088.JPGIMG_0089.JPG

Last edited:

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Once you get the bumper brackets installed, you can install the bumper and check fit, you don't need to remove grill. I was going to black it out with bed liner paint to match the fender flares. I tried to take some pictures of how the bumper attaches to the brackets.IMG_0091.JPGIMG_0095.JPGIMG_0097.JPGIMG_0096.JPG

Last edited:

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Here is the finished install with KC lights added and the before and after. I don't have a winch yet so at some point in time I will be taking it off for that project.IMG_0109.JPGIMG_0110.JPGIMG_0114.JPGIMG_0050.JPG

Last edited:

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Such a classic look of those bumpers. Looks good!
So true and the quality and fit is great, just their instructions are very disappointing for such a reputable company. I guess the have good support if you need it.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

So true and the quality and fit is great, just their instructions are very disappointing for such a reputable company. I guess the have good support if you need it.
@French

That is a bummer to hear. What did you find lacking? Did you contact their support and were they able to resolve the issue?
I like all of the pics you posted of the process.

Boort

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
@French

That is a bummer to hear. What did you find lacking? Did you contact their support and were they able to resolve the issue?
I like all of the pics you posted of the process.

Boort
I didn't contact them, I did have to print another instruction from their web site, I watched all the videos of similar install's on the internet. I'm fairly mechanically inclined so I was able to figure it out, the kit comes with several different model years so you don't need everything they send you. I may still contact their support when I go to put the winch on.

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I didn't contact them, I did have to print another instruction from their web site, I watched all the videos of similar install's on the internet. I'm fairly mechanically inclined so I was able to figure it out, the kit comes with several different model years so you don't need everything they send you. I may still contact their support when I go to put the winch on.
Lacking was an expanded view of the parts and part numbers for the installation process.