Hank.94

Rank V

Explorer I

First Name
Frank
Last Name
Catron
Member #

I’ve always wanted to build one of the older Toyota’s; 4Runner, tundra or Land cruiser. Well, my papaw passed a few months back and I was left with the option of getting his 2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4, with 154,000 miles. I remember riding around in not only this truck but his 86’ Land cruiser (which he sold..), so keeping his tundra is like keeping him with me all the time.

First picture is from driving it back from Kentucky to Georgia

There were a few things that needed to be done because of the truck sitting but we started with new wheels, tires, and lift.

Looking forward to adding to the Build Thread
Instagram: simpletrailoverland

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Sorry for your loss. It's good that he kept his rig and kept it in good shape. Looks like you have a good start to carrying on his memory.

dnash001

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Nash
Great that you're keeping that truck - know it means a lot!

I've an '02 Tundra TRD with 319k miles. I drove it off the showroom floor and put all but 231 miles on it :)

FANTASTIC rig and if you haven't checked out the FaceBook groups on Gen 1 Tundras, I encourage you to do so. It's helped me immensely as I have been upgrading my truck to 'overland' ready.

Thanks for sharing and cheers from the next state over from CA (AZ resident here!)

Attachments