Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Dickson
Member #

Thumbs up on the XJ, I've loved mine. I'm on my second and am also just starting some upgrades on this one. I wanted to try out the Quadratec 3" lift, which at $219 with reasonable shocks is a steal. Install was good, but they left out leaf spring retaining clips and a shock mounting bushing crushed on install. Clearance in the front was maybe more than 3" and the rear right at. I fit 31x10.50 wth 2" spacers and get some rub on full lock. I was expecting that, so will trim the fenders and do Bushwackers next. I might need a helper spring or a new rear pack when fully loaded and the weight of a new rear bumper. I have a full write up and will be detailing the build .

Photo Oct 13, 4 10 13 PMs.jpg

andrewksu

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Dickson
Member #

Looks good! I definitely recommend a full leaf, especially if you plan to load it (they are easier to install too)
Yeah, I had a RE setup on my last rig, but doing a experiment on budget systems to see what the limits are. I'll be be bumping to a 4" lift and 33" tires in the spring prior to a Rubicon run.

BTW, two easy upgrades that have been nice is some new LED headlights and interior light package. Stock lights are abysmal and both of the following were 3x better at a reasonable price.

6194xlLw0vL._SL1000_.jpg
Headlights Beam pattern isn't perfect, but acceptable. About $500 cheaper than something noticeably better.
Interior LED pack

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Ive been running that same set of LEDs for over a year now. Still going.

Reactions: andrewksu

Bmxj01

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Alvin, TX, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Merrick
Member #

Quadratec is awesome and swapped my springs for 4886186AA. Which I wanted him the beginning but their descriptions suck. Wasn't totally their fault because if you read close you can get the right ones. But they helped me out anyway!

here it is with the correct springs. Much better. (Still has 2" lift shackles)

Looks great love the XJ's