Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Baker
Member #

That's exactly why I want to keep my vehicle a mild build. Every time I built a crawler things got way out of hand and it became too overbuilt to be a driver/over lander comfortably. Got to be able to do everything reasonably asked if it.

Sent from my iPhone
OB 5337

Reactions: bowtieman55

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

That's exactly why I want to keep my vehicle a mild build. Every time I built a crawler things got way out of hand and it became too overbuilt to be a driver/over lander comfortably. Got to be able to do everything reasonably asked if it.

Sent from my iPhone
OB 5337
This definitely won't be anything wild. That's for sure. The goal is to be functional and capable for what we will be doing. Like you said, for it to be able to do everything reasonably asked of it.

Reactions: 4wdAdventures

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

A little cosmetic update.

A couple months ago I was sitting with the door cracked open just a little bit. Why I didn't just roll down the windows a little bit, I'll never know. And about the time I think, "I should probably shut the door and roll down the windows", the wind grabbed the door and threw it open. Bent the pins and crushed the edge of the fender. Well, lesson learned.

Before/After

Now I just need to work on the door. The pins were replaced and new bushings installed, but I'll save that for a different post.

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

Went "Jeep Mode" for a second... and promptly put my "new" door on.

Thankfully, the new door lined up just fine. I've actually managed to startle myself a couple times with how easy it is to open and shut now. No more hitting and dragging on the striker! That said, there are a few cosmetic details to tend to, but I'm not too worried about them as I'm sure a paint job will be coming in the future at some point.

Oh, and for anyone who may need to replace a door on one of these old body style GM trucks/SUVs, a couple extra hands makes all the difference in the world!

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

Got out and did a little exploring over the weekend. It's not Moab or a pass in Colorado, but it was outside, off the pavement, and a change of pace for a few minutes.

Honestly, it's probably more urban exploration than anything.

Someone will probably want to see the hole to the left in the above picture...

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

This isn't exactly the adventure you set out in search of.

Long story short, overheated and engine locked.

Frustrated? Yeah, just a little. But I'm more thankful than anything. Made it across three lanes of traffic and parked it where you see in the pictures. The way I see it, if God can part traffic on 75 then I figure the Red Sea must have been pretty easy. Humor aside, it looks like we may be coming to the end of the line for the Tahoe.

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
This isn't exactly the adventure you set out in search of.

Long story short, overheated and engine locked.

Frustrated? Yeah, just a little. But I'm more thankful than anything. Made it across three lanes of traffic and parked it where you see in the pictures. The way I see it, if God can part traffic on 75 then I figure the Red Sea must have been pretty easy. Humor aside, it looks like we may be coming to the end of the line for the Tahoe.

Any updates on rig?

OB# 3805

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

Any updates on rig?

OB# 3805
Thanks for asking.

Long story short, the engine locked.

So, after some thought and discussion we made the decision to let go of the Tahoe. We really like the Tahoe, but it's been slowly sucking finances out since the day we drove it home. It's a fun vehicle and I wouldn't mind owning one again, but it was just becoming a financial drain with very little return on investment.