Launch Member

Influencer I

Kershaw, South Carolina
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Vassar
Member #

Hey man, any updates on this, I know its been a while.
No major changes. I ended up buying another xj and throwing some lift and tires on it. Swapping axles and doing a disc brake conversion on the Dana 44. I'm still gathering parts for my 95 xj. My next item on my 95 xj is building a much needed roof rack. This is my 98.20180613_175612.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

First modification was a must, new headlight housings and bulbs.

Decided to go with Rampage H4 MSR housings. The difference is worth every penny.

ScottyV,
I bet the first modification you did was to your seat, so you could see over the dash and reach the pedals! Benz,

Reactions: ScottyV

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Looks like you are doing a good thoughtful job on things. Takes time and lots of money! Hoping to get new gears in my Cherokee soon. Benz.

Reactions: ScottyV

ScottyV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Kershaw, South Carolina
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Vassar
Member #

Installed 3"H.D. Rustys coil springs, Rubicon Express 3.5" Springs and shackles, Rustys extended brake lines, 17" JK wheels. Next on the list is adjustable control arms, adjustable track bar, shocks and a homemade rear storage system. The roof rack is off, I have to extend the sides because I mismeasured my storage boxes and made it a little to narrow. 20190516_175818.jpeg

ScottyV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Kershaw, South Carolina
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Vassar
Member #

ScottyV,
You do nice work! That rack turned out nice. A great size too.
Any set plans on the MJ yet?
Thank you. I dont have a solid plan yet. I'm collecting parts to lift it it, and I have late model doors,fenders and header panel for it. The engine is a bit leaky, and the wire harness is a nightmare. So I will be taking the 98 engine and clean wire harness out of my 87 Cherokee and dropping it in the MJ. I probably wont go much bigger than 33s. The rear will get soa swap, undecided if I use my Ford 8.8 or Chrysler 8.25, it currently has the Dana 35. I'd like to fab up a bed rack, have a local cover shop make a soft top and then do a front of cab to rear rack over that. But all that is way in the future. I have to finish this 95 xj and my 98 xj trail rig first.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Sounds like you have some good ideas for all your Jeeps! I did a lot to my 95’ XJ. Still more to do! Just don’t go down the same rabbit hole like I did and have to many projects going at the same time! It is just as much fun I think building a project as driving it! Vance.