Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pawtucket, RI/ Fort Lauderdale, FL/ Alta, Utah
First Name
TDawg
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

This is my 1st build thread on the internet ever. I was looking for 94 Isuzu Amigo because I not only love them but know it like the back of my hand. I happen to come across a 95 2 door Tahoe sitting in the back of a junk in FL that was about to be parted out. I asked the owner what was wrong with it & how much. He said it was dead & gonna get stripped or $4500 because of parts. I offered to get it running & willing to trade $4500 in Snap-On tools including Roll Away Chest. He said ok. He thought I couldn't do it.
After cleaning out the motor, plugs, wires, k&n intake, all around fluid flushes, filters and blood, sweat, headaches & sleepless nights. These were the 1st pictures of her 2nd life maiden voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

TDAWG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
TDawg
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

So far I redid the headlights with HALO H.I.D's, put an N-Fab Pre Runner with 3- H.I.D. Baja Light from my old Isuzu Amigo. Adapted Westin Step Bars. Got rid of the mix match tires & went with Falken Wildpeak AT2 305/70R17. N-Fab Rear Pre Runner. Custom made my 1 roof rack but gonna make a new to completely fit my roof. Since having a double heart attack all plans have slowed down but hopefully next I want do front & rear lockers, a 6" lift with custom fenders & rear quarters. Here's what it looks like right now.

TDAWG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
TDawg
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Definitely looks like a solid starting platform. Curious about how you mounted the roof rack/basket?
I mounted to the cross bars. It's the 1st time I made a rack without having any real knowledge of what I was doing. For my next rack I'm going to construct it from DOM tubing and mount directly to where the factory mounting points. It's also going to be the full length and width of the roof.

TDAWG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
TDawg
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

1 of the other things I decided to go with all black front grill & lights. The H.I.D headlight conversion with HALO ring & 10K H.I.D light for low & high beam, as well as the low/high beam mod. I also put on LED yellow signal lights & LED taillights.

Last edited: