Adventure

Contributor III

Del Rio, Texas
First Name
Carson
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone out there was using a 1994 l400 Delica? I just bought one and am looking for some information on lifts and other various modifications!

TahoePPV

Rank VI

Influencer III

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
very cool. Is it right or left hand drive? I’ve only seen photos of them posted by teardrop owners in England.

CarsonW

Rank II
Adventure

Contributor III

Del Rio, Texas
First Name
Carson
Last Name
Wood
Member #

It’s RHD, takes some getting use to! I keep turning on the wipers when turning thinking it’s the turn signal

rtexpeditions

Rank V

Advocate III

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham Callsign
VK7VWK
I used to have one in Australia. I lifted it approx 2". Like most independent front suspensions you can't go too high without stressing out the CV joints. basically just springs and dampers.
Snorkels are a popular accessory here, the series 2 (96 onwards) one fits but overlaps the RHS indicator and you don't use one of the bolts. Requires a different template to the later model.

Being a series 1, the fuel pumps don't like sitting around, as it would have been, so keep an eye on that. Being purely mechanical it may be better in the long run once reconditioned.

How do you go getting insurance for your Delica? Because I am familiar with them and not too expensive I was considering one as a US-based vehicle.