Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6UDL
Just stating.
ARB front bumper.
10K warn with syn. rope
2-3" old man emu
38.5 gallon stock tank replacement
ARB steel roof rack
33" BF good. all terrain t/a Ko2 on 17" very heavy blackrock steel rims.
Second batt with Isolater
Rhino fox wing awning
Center diff lock button
Safari knock off

Later
rock sliders
rear bumper w/ tire mount and ladder
two drawer system.
12V frig/freezer.
LED lighting

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Just stating.
ARB front bumper.
10K warn with syn. rope
2-3" old man emu
40 gallon stock tank replacement
ARB steel roof rack

Later
rock sliders
two drawer system.
12V frig/freezer.
LED lighting
@mr bill Could you please provide me with some info on the 40 gal replacement tank? Make? mfr? price? URL? thanks in advance!

PetfishEric

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Knoxville, TN
Member #

Wow 40 gallon tank. I though the 34 gallon tank on my RC was a mother to fill up. I like your build start doing some of the same for my RC but I will have to wait on bonus time in the spring.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Just stating.
ARB front bumper.
10K warn with syn. rope
2-3" old man emu
40 gallon stock tank replacement
ARB steel roof rack
Second batt with Isolater
Rhino fox wing awning
Center diff lock button
Safari knock off

Later
rock sliders
two drawer system.
12V frig/freezer.
LED lighting
@mr bill, you know the rules, pics or it never happened.
I've had a long ranger in my '80 for a long time now, they are great. Except at fill up. And hauling around 350lbs of extra weight. But the range is awesome.
Were you able to get a dual tank factory fill neck?
C'mon man, pics.

mr bill

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fair Oaks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6UDL
The Long Ranger fit in the spare tire spot right?
If this is so nobody has one in the US for sale.

Pictures soon if is not one-o-hot after work. Sat morn for sure.

I should fix my post true 38 1/2 gallon is what I got into first fill from dry. Just rounded to 40

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Aahh, I either assumed or mis-read, probably a little of both, but I now realize that this is a stock big tank replacement, nice work! And a good upgrade as well. Mine is actually the aux tank that does fit in the spare tire space, more of a pain to fill, then transfer to the main.
Still need the pics though! Haha... What's your location? Hot there, eh? Your 80 sounds a lot like mine.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Hey @mr bill When you snap some pics, get a couple under the truck of the fuel tank. I just got a Slee rear bumper so I have a few options on range extension but still in the research stage. @fj80toyman Do you have the OEM aux tank in the spare location?

mr bill

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fair Oaks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6UDL
Aahh, I either assumed or mis-read, probably a little of both, but I now realize that this is a stock big tank replacement, nice work! And a good upgrade as well. Mine is actually the aux tank that does fit in the spare tire space, more of a pain to fill, then transfer to the main.
Still need the pics though! Haha... What's your location? Hot there, eh? Your 80 sounds a lot like mine.
I'll still get some pictures. it was 106 when I got after work, didn't feel like laying on the asphalt. Sacramento area.

Hey @mr bill When you snap some pics, get a couple under the truck of the fuel tank. I just got a Slee rear bumper so I have a few options on range extension but still in the research stage. @fj80toyman Do you have the OEM aux tank in the spare location?
I have a stock replacement tank. I saw those but didn't like that you have to transfer to main instead of running off a different of your choice. I'm thinking about a Kaymar rear bumper.. double spare or spare and ladder. They are all big bucks.

I knew I should've taken welding and not electric shop.
Spare tire space may become air and water tank space.

Reactions: shoredreamer

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@shoredreamer a long time ago when Man-A-Fre was up in simi, I bought it from them. Mr. Bill is right, it's a bit of a pain transferring the fuel from tank to tank. Biggest problem is where the pump has to live is a hostile, hot environment and I'm on my 3rd pump.
I did look into switching into the fuel system so I could just pump directly from either but there were too many complications, so the easy way was to just transfer.
The one I bought was LRA, I don't know if they're still around, stands for Long Range Australia I think.
All that said, the added range has been invaluable. I could get 200 miles between fills, now I go 600 easy all things being equal.
Should be noted that I also have the heaviest duty rear springs from OME.

Dan

Reactions: shoredreamer

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
If I remember correctly, Long Ranger and Long Range Australia are different brands, but I also haven't heard of any availability of those either.
BTW, man-a-fre is now in Henderson, NV. But they don't sell either tanks, probably not worth the trouble.

mr bill

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fair Oaks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6UDL
If I remember correctly, Long Ranger and Long Range Australia are different brands, but I also haven't heard of any availability of those either.
BTW, man-a-fre is now in Henderson, NV. But they don't sell either tanks, probably not worth the trouble.
Man-a-fre is where I got mine.

Just a little funny one.

A non four wheeler asked me about my man-a-fre sticker in the back window.
I told him it was a very special club of men that get together at burning man. you should've seen there look.:wink:

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Thanks guys for sharing your info. Both setups sound like they do the job well. At this point I'm just happy that with the Slee bumper I don't have to carry fuel on the roof anymore.

Reactions: VCeXpedition

mr bill

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fair Oaks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6UDL
@mr bill, you know the rules, pics or it never happened.
I've had a long ranger in my '80 for a long time now, they are great. Except at fill up. And hauling around 350lbs of extra weight. But the range is awesome.
Were you able to get a dual tank factory fill neck?
C'mon man, pics.
Pictures...
tank 1.jpg

OK having major trouble up loading pictures, were 1.4 meg and now 62kb to 97kb and still can't get my pictures up.
My pictures are on C drive and not out on the web.