Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Hello there, I'm have just started to build up my 91 FJ80. It has the bulletproof 3-FE 4.0L inline 6 cylinder. And I'm gonna start by fixing the broken things. As it sits now, April 2020, its bone stock. The only thing not stock are the tires. I'm running 31" BF GOODRICH KO2's. My previous problems include a blocked radiator leading to a blown head gasket, a fried injector lead resulting in a shorted computer, and a non-working cruise control. My plans for this rig are to soon, drive the dalton highway with a friend of mine. So I am starting now to fix and upgrade to expedition standards. A broken piece that has bothered me for a while now is the button on my shifter is broken. It still shifts just fine, but I can't seem to find a part number or find a new one anywhere online. Any thoughts, tips, tricks, or upgrade ideas are welcomed and greatly appreciated.
media.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

William C aka “The Claw”

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fork, Idaho, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
Clawson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6MKX
Service Branch
Volunteer Fire
Hi AxiS99 how long have you had your 80.? Looks pretty clean! for in-depth info for all things 80 series, especially technical try ih8mud.com. If it’s broke on an 80 someone has posted up how to repair and usually has pn Info as well. Search and Read, the answers are there. The site has been around awhile and is very helpful. I continue to use info there, here and anywhere else folks are applying creative solutions to get ideas on how to refine mine. I also recommend investing in a factory service manual. Mine sits in my parts and fluids box and has saved my butt more than once. Good luck with your build. I love mine. My wife asked when would I finish modifying my cruise, my reply? Never! There is always something to modify.

Reactions: AxiS99