1990 VW T3 TRANSPORTER.

• HTML tutorial

Doddfathers

Rank 0

Contributor II

Howdy from Australia. Not many vans on here, but i thought id show what ive done to mine. Im by no means a mechanic at all or very Tool minded whatsoever. So keep that in mind haha. I owned vans in the past then saw this and decided to jump right in.

It was a bit rough inside, but it was mine and a brand new adventure mobile!!!

Doddfathers

Rank 0

Contributor II

On the drive home she began to blow a bit of smoke.....
Then almost bushfire amounts of smoke. Filling up the entire freeway amounts of smoke. So like most people who own these vans. Like a right of passage. This happened.

Theowner before me had put almost 6.5 litres of oil in when it should only hold around 4. Thats what my mechanic drained out of it. Anyway.... Back to the build.
Pulled the inside out to rip the shitty carpet out.

To my suprose the floor was in good nick. Replaced carpet with Lino wood slats.
Outdoor inner city workarea.

Done.
Add the new Table hole and she looking better already.

Last edited:

jhill15

Rank 0

Contributor II

That's freaking awesome!!! Did you use vinyl planks for the floor?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Doddfathers

Rank 0

Contributor II

Due to no roof racks sometimes awnings can be a little tricky. Had to buy these brackets. They work so damn well!

Nothing beats the adventures you can have when u get out in nature.

Had to fix the shitty side materiel. A gluey messy process. But turned out pretty good.

The latest addition is this black water tank. Fits perfect in my above canopy storage area. Its resting on thick sponge to spread the weight out. It heats up real quick in the Australian summer, then i have a 12volt shower attachment. So its warm showers in the evening when i camp.

David Seidler

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Copenhagen
Member #

Some pictures of of our Syncro preparation for Iceland last summer. I can give info regarding our 200 W solar panel installation if anyone is interested.

Attachments

Reactions: Joey83

David Seidler

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Copenhagen
Member #

Wonderful! Let us know when, we'll be probably away in Finland or Scotland but we can give you some tips and hopeful meet.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

The plan is to arrive in Denmark on the 17th of august and leave on the 21st as me and a friend of mine will be there for the Roskilde Airshow.

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

Tripping me out seeing the doors and camp setup on the other side..
And 'Black water tank' over here means something totally different - and not what you would want right above your head!

Reactions: Doddfathers