Nedceifus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Metcalf
Howdy, here is my Adventure truck. She's ugly but works amazingly well. All of the work in this thing is on the under side where you can't see it. Drives down the highway like a champ! 70mph all day. Just finished the mechanical last spring. The boy & I drove it from Lincoln NE out to Easter Jeep Safari & back, 1600 miles or so. I spent a lot of time finding the sweet spot between Offroad capability & drivability. I'll go back & do somewhat of a retroactive build toIMG_5170.JPGIMG_6232.JPGIMG_6344.JPGIMG_6349.JPGIMG_6954.JPGIMG_7950.JPG

Nedceifus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Metcalf
It started out as a crawler build. Then I sold my trailer & had to backtrack. It's "mega-cab" is nice & roomy compared to a 3+3 cab. The tail is nice & short & does not hang up on obstacles like a full Burb. I plan to add a utility rack & rooftop tent to the bed. Here's what is is mechanically.
350 TBI, stock
T400
203/205 Doubler, Offroad Design adapter & triple sticks
Tom Woods 1350 CV driveshafts
Dana 60 front, Spartan locker, 4.56's & G2 lockouts
Offroad Design crossover steering & HD tie rod
PSC hydro assist steering
Hydro boost brakes
Offroad Design traction bar, 56" long
14 bolt rear with Detroit locker & RuffStuff disk brake kit
14" travel Bilstene 5100's outboarded on all 4 corners
Warn M12,000
52" 1/2 ton Chevy springs in rear with a Shackle flip kit
52" custom Chevy 1/2ton springs in front with DIY4x B52's
Steering box brace
Full AR200 skid plate
Bump stops & limit straps up front
Custom sectioned front fenders

Nedceifus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Metcalf
Getting ready for a hunting trip out west this weekend. Checking bolts, fluids, rotating tires.IMG_8811.JPGIMG_8812.JPGIMG_8813.JPG

"In my opinion" this is how a steering ram should be mounted. In line with the range of motion of the tie rod. It's pretty well protected behind that BEEF HD OffroadDesign tie rod.
We will have about a 500 mile round trip this weekend. Plenty of wooded trails that are being established by this truck. Uncharted territory at this point.

Nedceifus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Metcalf
Front suspension setup.IMG_8814.JPGIMG_8815.JPG

PSC steering box with provisions for hydro assist. Bump stops are off a 90's Chevy. They are probably a little soft considering how much I get into them. Really tried to keep this truck as low as possible. Limit straps from RuffStuff. RUFFStuff shock hoops. I had to shim the axle to correct pinion angle. DIY4x B52 spring hangers in the front & OffRoad Design FUSH spring hangers in rear of front springs. I think that was about a 6" front Shackle & I re-drilled it to 4". Tom Woods front driveshaft with 10" of slip. On these Chevys that flex well & have the rear Shackle, you need a lot of slip in the front shaft. Offroad Design steering box brace, crossover steering. I have really good steering angles but with the soft suspention I still get a little bump steer. I worked really hard to get all of my angles & parts placement to jive.

Nedceifus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Metcalf
The shocks are Bilstene 5100's with 14" of travel, most of it down. Offroad Design spec'd them for me. That's a RuffStuff Diff cover, OffRoad Design HD tie rod, "its massive!" Spartin locker in a Dana 60

Reactions: Smileyshaun

Nedceifus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Metcalf
500mile road trip out to Western Nebraska deer hunting this weekend. Truck ran like a top & went absolutely anywhere we pointed it.IMG_8897.JPG

Reactions: Overland_Mitsu

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I can't wait to get it in 1 color so it does not look like such a pile...
As much as I like clean and smooth trucks I wouldn't do it with this one, just sand it and put clearcoat on, maybe a few Hotspots with raptor or something like that.
But it's up to you it's yours.

Reactions: Tinker