Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jackson Hole, WY
First Name
Jakob
Last Name
C
Member #

Hi everyone I'm new to the overlanding community but I learned more about it when I found desk to glory and I had a similar model of truck and I wanted to learn more about what they do. I picked up this truck for $1,600 from a friend earlier this month, we've had the canopy for years so I just threw it on. So far I've taken the truck out on a few camping trips into capitol forest in western WA near olympia and never had any problems. The truck is pretty beat up on the other side and is missing the radio and speakers on the inside. I have many plans for this truck and I hope to have fun with this and I hope you guys enjoy keeping up with me and my truck build! I'll be posting more pictures tommorow.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

FeralBoy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Indiana
Hi everyone I'm new to the overlanding community but I learned more about it when I found desk to glory and I had a similar model of truck and I wanted to learn more about what they do. I picked up this truck for $1,600 from a friend earlier this month, we've had the canopy for years so I just threw it on. So far I've taken the truck out on a few camping trips into capitol forest in western WA near olympia and never had any problems. The truck is pretty beat up on the other side and is missing the radio and speakers on the inside. I have many plans for this truck and I hope to have fun with this and I hope you guys enjoy keeping up with me and my truck build! I'll be posting more pictures tommorow.

It's probably on its last 300,000 miles or so

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Welcome! The great things about starting with an older beat up rig is that you save money on the truck so more left over for gear, also less worries about heavy modifications to your truck!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Dfountain45

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Citrus heights ca
Member #

I loved my 90s body style. Until it found a parked car while driving home from work. (I feel asleep)

But I kept it in the Toyota family. I've had a gen 1 and now a gen 3 Tacoma.

Absolutely love what they make. Welcome to the forums looming forward to more posts about toot build.

OB 4517

jakob874

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jackson Hole, WY
First Name
Jakob
Last Name
C
Member #

Sorry to keep everyone waiting for so long! Last month the truck fried the alternator so I just recently changed it just didn’t have the time but since the time of the original post I’ve made a few changes, new wheels new tires and wired in a cb. Along with the other pictures you can see the speakers are torn out of the door panel and maybe even the heady it missing, and the story behind that is before I bought it the rear window was broke opened and everything was stolen, and once I get the money I plan on replacing it. That’s it for this update and next time I post hopefully there is something changed on the truck.IMG_2439.jpgIMG_2438.jpgIMG_2436.jpg

jakob874

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jackson Hole, WY
First Name
Jakob
Last Name
C
Member #

Another update on the truck, took it hunting a few times in the nearby Capitol forest does real good and gets good gas mileage but only notice one problem and that is the weather strips on the doors are worn down and leak a bit of water in so when it rains my driver seat is soaked, lol. Here’s some pictures of my truck and the view from my last hunting trip.IMG_2494.jpgIMG_2477.jpg

jakob874

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jackson Hole, WY
First Name
Jakob
Last Name
C
Member #

Hey everyone I’m back with another update on my budget overland “build” about 2 months ago I put in a stereo head unit and speakers and they turned out really good only problem is that my radio antenna is snapped so I only get about 10 channels on fm, new antenna has been added to the list. Also relocated my cb from the ceiling to the former ashtray slot since it was my first install of anything on my own room about 3 hours to figure how to take off the dash and to cut and file the plastic behind the cb so it would fit. I jimmy rigged the mount so it isn’t the most sturdy but it works for me, problem is that when the mic is plugged and I’m in 5th gear the shifter pushed up against the wire so I order a male to female angle adapter so it won’t stick out as far. Next thing to work on this truck is to fix the door handles, change the headliner, and to get a new radio antenna. This summer me and my friends have planned our first overland trip up the fortune creek trail to Gallagher head lake! Thanks for checking it out!

Winans360

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Port hadlock, washington state
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Winans
Member #

Hey everyone I’m back with another update on my budget overland “build” about 2 months ago I put in a stereo head unit and speakers and they turned out really good only problem is that my radio antenna is snapped so I only get about 10 channels on fm, new antenna has been added to the list. Also relocated my cb from the ceiling to the former ashtray slot since it was my first install of anything on my own room about 3 hours to figure how to take off the dash and to cut and file the plastic behind the cb so it would fit. I jimmy rigged the mount so it isn’t the most sturdy but it works for me, problem is that when the mic is plugged and I’m in 5th gear the shifter pushed up against the wire so I order a male to female angle adapter so it won’t stick out as far. Next thing to work on this truck is to fix the door handles, change the headliner, and to get a new radio antenna. This summer me and my friends have planned our first overland trip up the fortune creek trail to Gallagher head lake! Thanks for checking it out!

I did the same with my cb, 90° angle adapter on the back of the CD and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

jakob874

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jackson Hole, WY
First Name
Jakob
Last Name
C
Member #

How is it the seats arent falling apart, my 90 has way worse seats.
I’m not sure either, only problem with them is the previous owner drove it for years and bent the bars under the seat so it sits kind of low