1984 Toyota Hilux Single Cab

• HTML tutorial
So I'm making this because I miss the days of forums and build threads. Plus Its a good way to keep track of whats done.

My name is Jase, I'm from Australia, and I'm building a Hilux that doesnt make sense.

The intention for this car is an overland rig, that is capable of quite hard, technical trails that are commonly found on the eastern side of Australia (think steep rock climbs up mountains and narrow and washed out tracks). This car has to be ready for self sufficiency at a camp site and on the side of a track.

I've separated the car into three sections at this stage. First I will be tackling the storage area, second the vehicle protection, and finally the suspension and drive train. My aim is to minimize down time for both the storage area and the vehicle protection side of things as they both are relatively small jobs on the list, most of it not really requiring the car to be dismantled or in the presence of the work at some points.

The photo above is roughly a week after I purchased the car. I hadnt really done anything to it at this stage except play in a bit of mud.

If you are following this build thread you can find my posts below via the post numbers.

Overview and plans: #1

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Looking forward o seeing your progress.

AZHICAUTCO

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

ARIZONA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Burns
Member #

Will be following. Saw so many great rigs when I was down there in May. Good luck!