Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

My yj wasn't that hard core, but I focused on reliability and comfort for the long trips. I wasn't interested in down grade my drive train, I'm still running 35" tires and 5.13 gears. For the longer trips I load it and the trailer, strap in, wind it up and settle in for the trip. I get there when I get there. Ron

Mark Steele

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

My yj wasn't that hard core, but I focused on reliability and comfort for the long trips. I wasn't interested in down grade my drive train, I'm still running 35" tires and 5.13 gears. For the longer trips I load it and the trailer, strap in, wind it up and settle in for the trip. I get there when I get there. Ron
Thx Sir! Reliability is my biggest fear. I haven't drive this more than about 40 miles from home since I built it. Appreciate you replying.

jscusmcvet

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Caliri
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
First jeep in my family was a Jeep commando that my brother bought. Had the Buick v6 and an auto transmission. That is the rig that hit me with the bug for sure. Since your truck is already plenty capable I would focus on reliability as you mentioned, and anything you can do for comfort. Love the rig, good luck with your build.

Reactions: Mark Steele