FOR SALE 1966 M416 for sale or trade

• HTML tutorial

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

Ive got my 1966 M416 trailer for sale or trade. I did a lot of work to it, including removing the tub and sanding/grinding areas on both tub and frame. Floor is rough, but solid. A new sheet of smooth metal has been screwed down on top of original ribbed floor. It's still a 50 year old trailer, but it's in much better shape now.

The frame has been coated with Chassis Saver. The tub coated with PPG Fast Dry 35 industrial enamel, and the fender and inside of the tub coated in Rustoleums Bed Liner. It has wheels adapter to match 5x150mm Toyota Tundra/Land Cruiser bolt pattern, Tundra wheels with 295/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Custom fenders welded to the frame, custom light guards and wired up to run of standard 4 pin.

The parking brake does not work, the internals were removed prior to a trip due to excessive rubbing.

This trailer is titled and registered in Indiana. This is the difficult part of buying a military trailer as it's a cumbersome and expensive process, so this will save you the headache.

All in all, i'm only wanting what I have in the entire project. My loss, your gain. $2500 OBO or open to trades.

IMG_20160809_140754280 (1) by Cody Ash, on Flickr

Last edited:

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

It's definitely a sellers market and the trailer looks like it has been rebuilt very nicely. As an owner I am always curious to see what they are going for.

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

It's definitely a sellers market and the trailer looks like it has been rebuilt very nicely. As an owner I am always curious to see what they are going for.
Yep, unfortunately my location makes it a bit tougher to sell. Not many in the midwest looking for an expo trailer and if they are they want it for next to nothing. Full disclosure, I have a little over $2000 in materials for this build (including the trailer), not including travel, labor, tags, registration, etc. Only reason I'm getting rid of it is because we bought an M1101 that we are building now. I can't park trailers in my driveway due to my HOA, so I'm out of room for this one.

E

expeditionnorth

GLWS, nice to see another 1966 M416

dont think I could ever part with mine

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

Ive got my 1966 M416 trailer for sale or trade. I did a lot of work to it, including removing the tub and sanding/grinding areas on both tub and frame. Floor is rough, but solid. A new sheet of smooth metal has been screwed down on top of original ribbed floor. It's still a 50 year old trailer, but it's in much better shape now.

The frame has been coated with Chassis Saver. The tub coated with PPG Fast Dry 35 industrial enamel, and the fender and inside of the tub coated in Rustoleums Bed Liner. It has wheels adapter to match 5x150mm Toyota Tundra/Land Cruiser bolt pattern, Tundra wheels with 295/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Custom fenders welded to the frame, custom light guards and wired up to run of standard 4 pin.

The parking brake does not work, the internals were removed prior to a trip due to excessive rubbing.

This trailer is titled and registered in Indiana. This is the difficult part of buying a military trailer as it's a cumbersome and expensive process, so this will save you the headache.

All in all, i'm only wanting what I have in the entire project. My loss, your gain. $2500 OBO or open to trades.

Whats your interest in trades fishing hunting photo

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jay-R Domingo

Traveler I

Raleigh, North Carolina
Member #

I love the M416, but this is the beast that i'm currently working on. Just finished spraying it in U-Pol Raptor Liner last week.
20161025_104009 by Cody Ash, on Flickr
How did the UPOL Raptor lining work out for you? I've heard great things. I've got the same exact trailer as you can see from my picture...just primed it throughout and now I'm trying to decide if I should just spray the bed only or go for the entire trailer. Also how many bottle total did it take you to complete the project? Big fan...stay in touch as you add modifications I'd love to see what the latest thing you're working on is. I'll be sharing mine along the way as well. -Jeff

Jake Rough Rider

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Porte, IN
Member #

Are you still trying to sell. I've been looking for one. If you are still selling let me know. I'm not far away Northern Indiana. Grew up in the sticks south of you, go through your area several times a year.

patriot44

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ohio
Are you still trying to sell. I've been looking for one. If you are still selling let me know. I'm not far away Northern Indiana. Grew up in the sticks south of you, go through your area several times a year.
Hello, I just joined the group and was going through some old threads and saw this, I have a 1966 M416 that I'd be willing to part with if the other one has been sold already, just don't have the time for it. It's all original military, no rust. PM me if your interested.

Last edited:

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

I believe he said he had changed hid mind and is going to fix up the this trailer for himself.