'19 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 door - 2.2 CRD - from bone stock to... who knows? :-)

• HTML tutorial

TangoRomeo7688

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Hey vogts,

I am new to this community and also I am new to "overlanding" although I love nature and enjoy it.

My rig actually is a 2019 2 door Wrangler JL Rubicon - far more capable than I am.

I am planning my build at the moment and want to share it with you. Step by step.

First I added some mud flaps to my car - due to it's my hunting car and daily driver - and it helps a lot to keep the car a bit cleaner over the days.

Further I planned and build my drawer platform after I removed the back seats.

Actually I am planning how to build the drawers themselves.

In future, there will be a lot more for sure, but first things first -> make a plan what I really NEED. Cause the list of things I WANT is wayyyyyyy too long :-)

Bucket list as now written down:

- Finish cargo drawer
- Gobi Stealth rack
- Front bar & additional lights
- Recovery gear ( Recovery boards, double up the tow hooks in front and rear, towing rope )
- CB radio
- OZtent RV1 instead of RTT ( we will do some weekend trips over the year and 1 or 2 longer trips ) Ground tent is the better option for us, also much lighter ( important on our Wrangler 2 door )
- Tarp 3,5x4,5m instead of awning ( same reasons as above. It will take a bit longer to be tightend up, but for our use, the better way. Cheaper and lighter than a side awning. )
- Warn winch behind OEM bumper ( but do I really need this feature at all while overlanding on light trails light westalps? )?????????

Best regards,

Tobias

Attachments

Last edited:

TangoRomeo7688

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Gobi Stealth Rack ordered.
I keep you up to date when it arrived and when it is mounted.
You won't find much picture on a JL 2 door and you also find less infos about measurements etc..

Horntools tyre compressor ordered - will check if install it into a box on the roof rack or install it into the car.

CB Radio ordererd incl. Rhino Rack foldable mount.

Stay tuned and keep on riding

Tobias

Last edited:

TangoRomeo7688

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Some new gear arrived:

Gobi Stealth Rack with 2nd ladder and front insert.

Unfortunately I have to wait at least until 21th oft August that I can mount it.
The paint job wasn't done correctly and so it has to be repainted. This will be from 16th to 20th of August.

Greets,

Tobias

Attachments

TangoRomeo7688

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
There are some updates:

- Lights on front and rear of the Gobi rack : White lights with amber flash lights
Front lights on AUX2
Rear lights on AUX3
Flash lights front and rear AUX4

- JeepMania winch mountin plate for european OEM bumper

Attachments

TangoRomeo7688

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Actually I am doing some improvements on body painting. As known, Jeep doesn't really care about thematics that the door hinges will start to corrode due to missing lack at door panels.

I now startet to remove the old hinges as the new ones are painted. Rebuild the paint on door panels and put the new hinges on with a foil between door and hinge.

Attachments

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Actually I am doing some improvements on body painting. As known, Jeep doesn't really care about thematics that the door hinges will start to corrode due to missing lack at door panels.

I now startet to remove the old hinges as the new ones are painted. Rebuild the paint on door panels and put the new hinges on with a foil between door and hinge.
Great work and definetly a good investment into the future of the rig.

Reactions: TangoRomeo7688

TangoRomeo7688

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
I am back.. had a little time out from all the trouble for me and my wife.. to calm down.. and reset.. last year was a real mess...

Putted the foil on, looks great as I think.
And I gave her new shoes...

This time:

Radar Renegade AT5 LT 285/70R17...

Will give em a try...mostly for the reason, that I could offer some other tyres to my customers than the ole KO2s...

780€ / 5 pcs.. good price.. let's see how they perform. Optics on european stock Rubicon is great..

Attachments

TangoRomeo7688

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Some new pics =)

Attachments