17 Renegade Altitude Build

• HTML tutorial

hamiltonj2w1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Decided to do a Build thread for my Wifes Jeep Renegade have quite a few plans for it over the winter so we can take it on some trips next spring/summer.

Current Mods: Teraflex 1.5 Lift with KMC 708 in 16x7.5+31 with 225/70/16 Toyo Open Country AT's. We have also added Thule Cross bars with 2 Rocky Mount Bike racks and a Rola gear basket.

Future Mods: ATP Skids, Rocky Road Supersliders, Valkyrie Modular Storage panels to keep gear easily accessible, Maxtrax (since we don't have 4 lo I think these will be handy), Hi Lift Jack w/offroad base mounted to gear basket using fourtreks mounts, 2x 2.5 gallon Rotopax (since we have a tiny gas tank) Also planning on ATP ditch light mounts with Rough Country 2in pod lights, and last but not least Avid Essentials front and rear bumpers. Should make for a fun little rig for us I attached some pictures from its first outing after being lifted the wife had a blast driving and a picture of hers next to a stock Renegade Altitude.

Renegade.jpg Jeep 3 wheels.jpg
jeep renegade.jpg Side by Side comparison.jpg

Last edited:

hamiltonj2w1

Rank 0

Traveler I

I almost bought one these little rigs so I love seeing people build them up AND actually use them!
Its a great little vehicle for just running around town my wife only drives 7 miles a day round trip for work however the tiny gas tank in this thing is kind of frustrating. I wanted to get a Trailhawk but they didn't have those on sale when we bought this as a leftover 17 but it gets the job done.

Reactions: JCWages

hamiltonj2w1

Rank 0

Traveler I

I have a '17 trailhawk Renegade. I have done some mods and plan a big bend national park trip in November.
We have a trip planned next summer to go out to the Rockys and do some exploring but we need skids and some rotopax for fuel before we go. Hopefully our ATP a pillar light brackets show up this weekend so I can get her lights wired up.

hamiltonj2w1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Jeep Skid.jpg Installing the Valkryrie Offroad skid's on the Toaster. Cannot say enough good things about this company great communication, super fast shipping and very well made product. So if your looking for skids for a Renegade defiantly give these folks a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCWages

307 Expedition

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wheatland, WY
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Decided to do a Build thread for my Wifes Jeep Renegade have quite a few plans for it over the winter so we can take it on some trips next spring/summer.

Current Mods: Teraflex 1.5 Lift with KMC 708 in 16x7.5+31 with 225/70/16 Toyo Open Country AT's. We have also added Thule Cross bars with 2 Rocky Mount Bike racks and a Rola gear basket.

Future Mods: ATP Skids, Rocky Road Supersliders, Valkyrie Modular Storage panels to keep gear easily accessible, Maxtrax (since we don't have 4 lo I think these will be handy), Hi Lift Jack w/offroad base mounted to gear basket using fourtreks mounts, 2x 2.5 gallon Rotopax (since we have a tiny gas tank) Also planning on ATP ditch light mounts with Rough Country 2in pod lights, and last but not least Avid Essentials front and rear bumpers. Should make for a fun little rig for us I attached some pictures from its first outing after being lifted the wife had a blast driving and hers next to a stock Renegade Altitude.

View attachment 67333 View attachment 67334
View attachment 67335 View attachment 67336
I like it. Can’t wait to see more as you build.

hamiltonj2w1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Jeep light.jpg Jeep Lights.jpg
Finally got the ATP A pillar light brackets in last week so I installed them and added the 2" RC light pods. The ATP brackets are well made and worth the money however the company was difficult to work with on occasion. As for the lights I really like the wire harness RC sends out made it really easy to install and looks like a nice factory harness.

307 Expedition

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wheatland, WY
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Adams
Member #

View attachment 74198 View attachment 74199
Finally got the ATP A pillar light brackets in last week so I installed them and added the 2" RC light pods. The ATP brackets are well made and worth the money however the company was difficult to work with on occasion. As for the lights I really like the wire harness RC sends out made it really easy to install and looks like a nice factory harness.
Nice. One of the first on my list. Looks great.