Pueblo West, CO, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Got Friday off so shooting for early AM Friday!! Cya next week
Sweet!

I'm planning on coming in Wed afternoon, no idea where to camp out for Wed. Thurs but maybe we can link up on Friday!
I've been reading all the information from the 14er fest, I've registered for the event but other than that I have no real idea what's going on LOL.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Sweet!

I'm planning on coming in Wed afternoon, no idea where to camp out for Wed. Thurs but maybe we can link up on Friday!
I've been reading all the information from the 14er fest, I've registered for the event but other than that I have no real idea what's going on LOL.
@urbanarmed, I'll be sending you the coordinates as we discussed earlier so you can try to secure the spot for us.

@JeffJeff, thanks for signing up!

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Hi Stickman, we are also planning to come Wednesday. Let me know if you want to link up!
Let's do. We are headed out next Tuesday morning. Will arrive Wednesday evening or Thursday mid day.

Reactions: urbanarmed

RamiroR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kansas
First Name
Ramiro
Last Name
Rivera
I’m sorry to flake out on my first overland trip but we will not be making it to this event. I was really looking forward to it, and hope I can make it to the next event in the region. Hope y’all have fun!

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I’m sorry to flake out on my first overland trip but we will not be making it to this event. I was really looking forward to it, and hope I can make it to the next event in the region. Hope y’all have fun!
Bummer! Have you tried flowers and chocolates? ;)

RamiroR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kansas
First Name
Ramiro
Last Name
Rivera
Lol I wish it was that easy. We’ve decided to move at the end of this month and it’s whats best for us as a family right now. This will give me some extra time to acquire some gear I still don’t have if I look at it on the bright side.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
The location tab of the Rally Point page has been updated to coordinates of the campsite we hope to secure: 38.8496542,-106.0450333

Here's a google link that if you select DIRECTIONS and then subsequent navigation choices it will take you right to it. Click here: Google navigate to planned campsite

Here are some Google Street View images taken by @JCarter from our event in June. You may need the Google Street View app to see these on a mobile device, otherwise they should work in a PC browser:
(Be sure to use the arrow or mouse to look in all directions. Everyone pictured was with OB back in June. The dork with the dog is me.)
View 1
View 2
Night time view, be sure to look up!

When you leave the dirt road you come into the area passing by some great views to the right. Continue to the left until you reach at least those exact coordinates, if possible. That back area has more privacy and less traffic if we can get it. The trees offer shade and wind breaks, but the great view is only a few foot steps away. This area will likely fill up by Saturday as it's easily accessible. That's the double-edged sword. Personally I'd like to be more remote, but we have people coming in on different days and some at night and this provides easy access with views.

We presently have 13 signed up, but we haven't had a lot of communication from some. I would expect maybe 8-10 that we need room for. There will be at least two trailers. I will be reaching out to all RSVPs soon. If you're reading this and haven't commented on this thread in the last week, please let us know when to expect you. Feel free to call or text me at 719-TWO-FOUR-EIGHT-0936 with your plans. I want to make sure you find us and have a good time. I'd hate for you to show up 30 mins after we've left camp.......... If I know your plans, we'll try to work things out for the benefit of as many as possible.

If you aren't subscribed to this thread, I encourage you to do so. Click on the WATCH button on the right of the page near the top. This link might work: WATCH THIS THREAD.

@Stickman & @urbanarmed will probably be the first to arrive. Guys, please communicate with me via the number above to let me know the campsite status so I can update this info accordingly. I plan to arrive Thursday morning. If for some reason that site won't work, continue NW on CR315 as there are more sites in that direction.

@Stickman, I will also be monitoring a linked amateur radio repeater system with the local node of 449.975, -5 MHz, 100 Hz. If that doesn't work, I might be on 145.295, -.6M, 107.2.

More info to follow soon..........

Last edited:

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Hi Neal, and everyone that plans to connect during the week end. I going to try to make it up Friday evening. I have purchused a pass for 14-er fest and am on the fence on wither I will do a trail run during the weekend. I just really want to check out the festival and camp. Looking forward to meeting with you all! Cheers!

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Eagle and Denver Colorado
First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT
The location tab of the Rally Point page has been updated to coordinates of the campsite we hope to secure: 38.8496542,-106.0450333

Here's a google link that if you select DIRECTIONS and then subsequent navigation choices it will take you right to it. Click here: Google navigate to planned campsite

Here are some Google Street View images taken by @JCarter from our event in June. You may need the Google Street View app to see these on a mobile device, otherwise they should work in a PC browser:
(Be sure to use the arrow or mouse to look in all directions. Everyone pictured was with OB back in June. The dork with the dog is me.)
View 1
View 2

When you leave the dirt road you come into the area passing by some great views to the right. Continue to the left until you reach at least those exact coordinates, if possible. That back area has more privacy and less traffic if we can get it. The trees offer shade and wind breaks, but the great view is only a few foot steps away. This area will likely fill up by Saturday as it's easily accessible. That's the double-edged sword. Personally I'd like to be more remote, but we have people coming in on different days and some at night and this provides easy access with views.

We presently have 13 signed up, but we haven't had a lot of communication from some. I would expect maybe 8-10 that we need room for. There will be at least two trailers. I will be reaching out to all RSVPs soon. If you're reading this and haven't commented on this thread in the last week, please let us know when to expect you. Feel free to call or text me at 719-TWO-FOUR-EIGHT-0936 with your plans. I want to make sure you find us and have a good time. I'd hate for you to show up 30 mins after we've left camp.......... If I know your plans, we'll try to work things out for the benefit of as many as possible.

If you aren't subscribed to this thread, I encourage you to do so. Click on the WATCH button on the right of the page near the top. This link might work: WATCH THIS THREAD.

@Stickman & @urbanarmed will probably be the first to arrive. Guys, please communicate with me via the number above to let me know the campsite status so I can update this info accordingly. I plan to arrive Thursday morning. If for some reason that site won't work, continue NW on CR315 as there are more sites in that direction.

@Stickman, I will also be monitoring a linked amateur radio repeater system with the local node of 449.975, -5 MHz, 100 Hz. If that doesn't work, I might be on 145.295, -.6M, 107.2.

I should be there by 3:30 on Friday afternoon, with my Cricket trailer if you get the desired camp site. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Reactions: Stickman

urbanarmed

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pueblo West, CO, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Chase
Member #

View 1
View 2

Thanks for putting this detailed post together!
Look forward to meeting everyone and hope everyone has safe travels. I'll post up once we get there and check out the spot.
I work remote so I'm hoping I have service at that location but if not I will setup camp and then move down to a signal area.

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT

View 1
View 2

I invited a guest, Curtis Hayes, who is also a HAM, Extra level. You will have a lot to talk to him about, Neal. He should be arriving in the early evening Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: urbanarmed

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT
These are who I expect to be around for a trail run on Friday.
@Cendee
@Stickman
@urbanarmed
@Neal A. Tew

Later on Friday we have arriving:
@JDGreens
@Fearless
@Cgtowns01
@JeffJeff (may be good for an afternoon run)
@dannymarc_fjc

RSVPs that I have no info for:
@Delux2769
@Spartanprop
@aaron81006
@RockyMtnJeep
@VMIguy17

Can any of you in the last list give an update?

Also, is there anyone coming that hasn't and doesn't plan to register for the actual 14erFest? (Not a show stopper)
Do we have any intel on our camp site yet?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
EVERYONE,

1. To participate in the event rides on Saturday, one needs to register at the Vendor Village in downtown Buena Vista on Friday from 5-7 PM. That could be a problem for some of you that might arrive later. It's first come first served.

2. These runs may only accommodate about a dozen trucks before they are full and we may have 10 trucks ourselves. I was hoping we could all stay together.

3. The trails that I most want you guys to see are:

1. Mount Antero (click for info)
  2. Mount Princeton
  3. Baldwin Lake
  4. Pomeroy Lakes
The first two are high elevation shelf roads. If you don't think that is for you, don't hesitate to speak up. I'll link you to some others.

4. We've got @Cendee, our Rocky Mountain Director, making the 8 hour drive from Utah. I'd like to be sure she's able to do Mount Antero. She's only able to ride Friday and Saturday. I'm concerned that we may not be able to get her on Antero on Saturday so I'm contemplating running it for those that are here on Friday. It's also offered on Sunday in addition to Saturday for those that don't make it on Friday and want to. ( I haven't firmed this decision.)

5. IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO ATTEMPT TO REGISTER YOU FOR RIDES ON SATURDAY AND PERHAPS SUNDAY please send me your confirmation number that was in the email you received at registration along with the name used. Either text to 7-1-9-two-four-eight-0-9-3-6 or neal.a.tew at gmail.

My fear is that we're going to be scattered on several different trail runs..... I suppose if we had to we could make our own runs even on Saturday and Sunday, but the popular trails have areas that are difficult and even impossible to pass. I'd hate to cause interference to the official runs....... :(

Reactions: Cendee

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT
EVERYONE,

1. To participate in the event rides on Saturday, one needs to register at the Vendor Village in downtown Buena Vista on Friday from 5-7 PM. That could be a problem for some of you that might arrive later. It's first come first served.

2. These runs may only accommodate about a dozen trucks before they are full and we may have 10 trucks ourselves. I was hoping we could all stay together.

3. The trails that I most want you guys to see are:

1. Mount Antero (click for info)
  2. Mount Princeton
  3. Baldwin Lake
  4. Pomeroy Lakes
The first two are high elevation shelf roads. If you don't think that is for you, don't hesitate to speak up. I'll link you to some others.

4. We've got @Cendee, our Rocky Mountain Director, making the 8 hour drive from Utah. I'd like to be sure she's able to do Mount Antero. She's only able to ride Friday and Saturday. I'm concerned that we may not be able to get her on Antero on Saturday so I'm contemplating running it for those that are here on Friday. It's also offered on Sunday in addition to Saturday for those that don't make it on Friday and want to. ( I haven't firmed this decision.)

5. IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO ATTEMPT TO REGISTER YOU FOR RIDES ON SATURDAY AND PERHAPS SUNDAY please send me your confirmation number that was in the email you received at registration along with the name used. Either text to 7-1-9-two-four-eight-0-9-3-6 or neal.a.tew at gmail.

My fear is that we're going to be scattered on several different trail runs..... I suppose if we had to we could make our own runs even on Saturday and Sunday, but the popular trails have areas that are difficult and even impossible to pass. I'd hate to cause interference to the official runs....... :(
Given that Candee is coming Friday night, and the uncertainty of getting registered people on a trail who are not present, and the difficulty of crowding the trail, I also suggest we do Antero with 14er fest on Sunday for those who would like to do Antero but will not be there until Friday after registration. I would like to do Antero on Sunday, so would my guest Curtis Hays, and I suspect Candee would as well.