Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Just reviewed schedule. Not for us. Trails too tough. Not into rock crawling.

We are still headed to fourmile, but not sure after that.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Just reviewed schedule. Not for us. Trails too tough. Not into rock crawling.

We are still headed to fourmile, but not sure after that.

There are options each day for which trail you want to do. Some are hard. Some are very easy. I don't believe any of us are planning the hard rock crawling trails. I drive a stock full size truck!

I did Mt Antero last year on the first day and Aspen Ridge the second. The first was slighty rocky while the 2nd could be done in 2wd.

Reactions: Stickman

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@Stickman ,

Here are the trail options for Saturday leaving out the rock crawling choices:
(Click the links for a thorough description)
Mount Antero
Mount Princeton
Baldwin Lake
Pomeroy Lakes
Davis Meadow & Natural Bridge (via Seven Mile Creek)

There are a couple additional choices for Sunday:
Ptarmigan Lake
Aspen Ridge

I have done Mount Antero, Mount Princeton, Seven Mile Creek & Aspen Ridge in my full size Chevy often in 2wd. I used 4wd more for low range gearing than traction.

For Friday, @Cendee and I are working on our own ride. I was going to suggest maybe Mount Antero or Mount Princeton. We could also stay in Four mile which has several easy, but scenic trails. The trails in Four Mile aren't as grand as the high altitude trails, but they are still fun.

Do any of these interest you?

Last edited:

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
@Stickman ,

Here are the trail options for Saturday leaving out the rock crawling choices:
(Click the links for a thorough description)
Mount Antero
Mount Princeton
Baldwin Lake
Pomeroy Lakes
Davis Meadow & Natural Bridge (via Seven Mile Creek)

There are a couple additional choices for Sunday:
Ptarmigan Lake
Aspen Ridge

I have done Mount Antero, Mount Princeton, Seven Mile Creek & Aspen Ridge in my full size Chevy often in 2wd. I used 4wd more for low range gearing than traction.

For Friday, @Cendee and I are working on our own ride. I was going to suggest maybe Mount Antero or Mount Princeton. We could also stay in Four mile which has several easy, but scenic trails. The trails in Four Mile aren't as grand as the high altitude trails, but they are still fun.

Do any of these interest you?
How about we follow your lead? We should arrive Thursday the 26th.

Radio Channels?

Counting the days,
Craig

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
How about we follow your lead? We should arrive Thursday the 26th.

Radio Channels?

Counting the days,
Craig
I hope to get there on the 26th as well.

As for radio, I would like to use 146.460, but I know that not everyone will hold an amateur license. There will probably be a mixture of Ham, CB & FRS/GMRS. On nearly every ride I go on we end up on FRS because it's the easiest to get everyone on.

Assuming my buddy gets the local repeater node fixed in time, I will also be monitoring 449.975, -5M, 100Hz.

RamiroR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kansas
First Name
Ramiro
Last Name
Rivera
The family and I should be there Friday evening hopefully not too late. We will be in a stock full-size 4x4 so we’re not looking to do anything too extreme, but would like to do some of the high altitude trails if posible. I have a CB radio in my rig as well.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
The family and I should be there Friday evening hopefully not too late. We will be in a stock full-size 4x4 so we’re not looking to do anything too extreme, but would like to do some of the high altitude trails if posible. I have a CB radio in my rig as well.
Thanks for making the trip! More info on the meetup / camping location probably next week.

I would also like to do the higher mountain trails as they were all still closed during the June Jam. I will also discuss the trails probably next week. Tonight I'm trying to get packed for my departure tomorrow to:

Good job on the CB. Nine times out of 10 we end up relying on FRS/GMRS because it's easiest to get everyone on that mode. If you have one you might bring it along. Either way I'll have that along with CB and Ham radio.

RamiroR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kansas
First Name
Ramiro
Last Name
Rivera
I looked up the some GMRS radios last night I think I might pick one up in the future just not sure about getting a license for as little as I would use it. Maybe just a frs for now.