Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
This is a camping meetup and trail run while supporting the 14erFest event. While they will have an onsite camping area, we will camp for free in adjacent Fourmile Travel Mgmt Area.

UPDATE: Overland Bound nor myself have any connection to 14erFest. I planned this outing because this area is a great one for what we like to do and I support all the efforts this organization is doing to keep the trails open, etc.

Registration is still open and is now at $30: https://14erfest.org/2019-registration/ (If links don't work, check the additional rally point info section below and/or the body of the forum thread.)

This registration isn't required to camp with us Overland Bound folks, but will be required for the event trail rides we attend on Saturday and Sunday as well as the other events and classes they have scheduled. I encourage you to read their site thoroughly. For those that are available Friday morning we will have our own trail event for this day.

There is also a 14erFest "Overlanding" trip for Thursday night hosted by TrailsOffroad.com. I'm not planning to participate in this due to time and financial budget constraints. It's an additional $50 if you are interested. https://www.facebook.com/events/406764316628423/

Please RSVP above to let us know if we should expect you. Please also comment in the forum thread below as to when we should expect you. More camping and trail info to follow as we get closer. Please watch the forum thread for updates. The link is on this page.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
14erFest info from their website:
14er Fest is a multi-sport mountain festival, featuring Off-Roading, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Fly Fishing, and Trail Running in Buena Vista, Colorado. Join us for trail events, clinics, festival camping, live music, local libations and amazing vendors, September 27th – September 29th.

At the heart of the festival you’ll find that 14er Fest seeks to join together a wide variety of trail users, including both motorized and non-motorized trail enthusiasts. Our vision is to create a platform where all trail groups can recreate together and work together to keep trails open and maintained.

14er Fest is presented by The Trailhead and Colorado Off Road Enterprise – CORE. The Trailhead is Buena Vista’s locally owned and operated outdoor retailer, and CORE is a motorized action group based out of Buena Vista. We are a mix of both motorized and non-motorized trail users who have teamed up to bring you 14er Fest – a celebration of fall in the Rocky Mountains.

Our team’s inspiration comes from the amazing 14,000 foot peaks that surround Buena Vista, Colorado. Our county has the highest concentration of 14ers in all of Colorado and in all of the United States. These peaks coupled with the Arkansas River that flows right through downtown BV have inspired us to create a festival that supports the incredible environment where we live, work and play.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

View Rally Point
Reactions: Biker Eagle

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
This sounds like fun. Will we be doing the Overlanding event the 14erfest website mentions?
Charles, I'm sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

While I won't likely be paying the extra $50 for the official overlanding event on Thursday night, I certainly encourage anyone else interested to do so. (I hope to do be doing our own version for free.) :grinning: Personally, I'll pay the $25 event fee, but that's as far as it goes. There's way too much free camping in the area to pay to camp there. That's just my personal preference. Feel free to participate in any way you want.

Charles Drives Things

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Charles, I'm sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

While I won't likely be paying the extra $50 for the official overlanding event on Thursday night, I certainly encourage anyone else interested to do so. (I hope to do be doing our own version for free.) :grinning: Personally, I'll pay the $25 event fee, but that's as far as it goes. There's way too much free camping in the area to pay to camp there. That's just my personal preference. Feel free to participate in any way you want.
Perfect, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
This is a camping meetup and trail run while supporting the 14erFest event. While they will have an onsite camping area, we will camp for free in adjacent Fourmile Travel Mgmt Area.

More info to be added as event draws closer. Hopefully many of the trails will be open by then that were still closed during the June Jam.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
14erFest info from their website:
14er Fest is a multi-sport mountain festival, featuring Off-Roading, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Fly Fishing, and Trail Running in Buena Vista, Colorado. Join us for trail events, clinics, festival camping, live music, local libations and amazing vendors, September 27th – September 29th.

At the heart of the festival you’ll find that 14er Fest seeks to join together a wide variety of trail users, including both motorized and non-motorized trail enthusiasts. Our vision is to create a platform where all trail groups can recreate together and work together to keep trails open and maintained.

14er Fest is presented by The Trailhead and Colorado Off Road Enterprise – CORE. The Trailhead is Buena Vista’s locally owned and operated outdoor retailer, and CORE is a motorized action group based out of Buena Vista. We are a mix of both motorized and non-motorized trail users who have teamed up to bring you 14er Fest – a celebration of fall in the Rocky Mountains.

Our team’s inspiration comes from the amazing 14,000 foot peaks that surround Buena Vista, Colorado. Our county has the highest concentration of 14ers in all of Colorado and in all of the United States. These peaks coupled with the Arkansas River that flows right through downtown BV have inspired us to create a festival that supports the incredible environment where we live, work and play.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

More info as well as updated coordinates for a group camp to follow.
Please share original rally point link. Unable to locate.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
We like doing trails. Hate to plan or lead. Love to follow. We have completed the following in Colorado: Mosquito Pass, Ophr Pass, and the Alpine Loop.

Our only purpose for this trip is to test out new Geo Pro Off Road camper at altitude and running trails with you guys in the 4Runner.

Not very familiar with BV area. Where will you guys be camping?

We will monitor this post.
You can PM me too inside the Overland Boy d community.
We do not do Facebook or Instagram.

Cordially,
Stickman and The Witneess.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
We like doing trails. Hate to plan or lead. Love to follow. We have completed the following in Colorado: Mosquito Pass, Ophr Pass, and the Alpine Loop.

Our only purpose for this trip is to test out new Geo Pro Off Road camper at altitude and running trails with you guys in the 4Runner.

Not very familiar with BV area. Where will you guys be camping?

We will monitor this post.
You can PM me too inside the Overland Boy d community.
We do not do Facebook or Instagram.

Cordially,
Stickman and The Witneess.
Sounds good. We look forward to meeting you!

As for camping, the tentative plan is to secure a campsite in the Four Mile Travel Mgmt Area that's adjacent to Buena Vista. There's lot's of good dispersed camping there. Hopefully someone can get there early and secure a spot and share it with all. More info about that area with maps here: Friends of Fourmile - Greater Arkansas River Nature Association

Please RSVP here if you don't mind: 14erFest in Buena Vista, CO

Reactions: Stickman

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Consider us there.
Great! Please keep us posted on when you think you'll arrive so we can work out details.... Hopefully the node of the repeater system in that area that I like to use will be repaired by then...

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
We will not attend the official event. Coming for the fun and fellowship.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
We will not attend the official event. Coming for the fun and fellowship.
I'm usually not one for the typical organized events, but this one is cheap and really supports some good organizations that are helping to keep our trails open. I was planning for us to participate in their trail rides. I can help you out with some other routes if you that's your preference.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
I'm usually not one for the typical organized events, but this one is cheap and really supports some good organizations that are helping to keep our trails open. I was planning for us to participate in their trail rides. I can help you out with some other routes if you that's your preference.
We can support it. Just had a bad experience with Expo East. Never want to repeat. It was not what we had imagined. The official event and camping sites were inadequate for the number of attendees. Super bad weather was a major contributor too. Of course that was not their fault.

We will leave it up to you to plan. Good followers we are.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew