• HTML tutorial

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl
I’m taking 2 months off work to do the Trans America Trail in my 2018 Tacoma. I’ve been planning this trip for a long time (concurrently with my Continental Divide trip planning) and finally the pieces are falling into place. I can only attempt this trip once a year due to snow in the higher elevations and thankfully I got the time off right in the perfect window between July and the end of September.

My routes are all planned, I’m now in the stages of finalizing the vehicle build.

I’m starting in Southern California at my dad’s house and driving to my start point at Cape Hatteras, N. Carolina. Then, driving the TAT to Port Orford, Oregon. From there, wind down Pacific Coast Highway and see the redwoods again and a few other spots back down to dad’s house.

All together, almost 10,000 miles.

I will be filming the entire trip and posting it on a new YouTube channel, called One Man Trail.

View attachment 55441
My family will be starting the TAT aug 1.. hopefully we can meet up sometime during the trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qobentzin

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello there!
My father and I are planning on doing the Continental Divide route this summer as I see you were originally planning for. It is funny to see that you to found the TAT in your research and decided to switch to that. We plan on continuing with the continental divide route. Enjoy your trip!

Reactions: Blank

Vtpeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vermont
Member #

Your truck is looking great. I'm looking forward to following your progress . I hope to be driving the TAT as far as Colorado in the next year. What are you using for navigation and maps ?