'14 Overland Super Charged Raptor

• HTML tutorial

RangeRoverLander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Red Rocks, Colorado
Member #

Just starting my thread so that I may someday look back and how it all started. Been adventuring with the family in our truck this summer and having a blast. The width of the truck has proven a challenge in some instances, but overall we've gotten everywhere we've wanted to go. We are mainly skiers, mountain bikers, and backpackers...but we have really enjoyed adventure camping in the truck this summer. My twin 5 yr old boys LOVE it.

Stock setup with exception of Yakima Rail Riders and aero load bars. I periodically swap out the Rocky Mount Brass Knuckles for the Skybox 16. Between that box and the gearboxes, coolers, and water containers (that all fit in the bed) we can spend up to 4 days off the grid.

For extra long trips, we have a NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150 4000A for emergency power and a VIAIR 400P-Automatic Function Portable Compressor for emergency air.

Would like to do some functional stuff in the future with lightbars, radios, etc but for now we're just enjoying it as we are. Really looking forward to some rallies, get togethers, and such. We live for adventure and think we have found the right truck and community to share them with!

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RangeRoverLander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Red Rocks, Colorado
Member #

No kidding Raptor's are beasts of awesome speed. Love that you are going this in a Raptor. I will show this to my son who is a huge fan of them!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Cool. Don't forget that 30% of the power gets vamped by the altitude. If you don't have the SC in a 6100+ lb rig, you stand the chance of never making it through the passes on I-70. [emoji23]

Yeah, we don't approach every angle or lane of traffic at what most would call a "responsible" speed, but we always have fun and never tear up what we can't repair up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmy P

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Awesome rig! I'd like to install rail riders to the bed of my 2015 F150. Can you show me some details on the install?

khorsa

Rank III

Advocate II

michigan
Great looking rig and I'm exited to see a Raptor getting used offroad. A rare sight indeed.

Keep on having fun man, I look forward to seeing more of your rig.