Walkers

Rank III

Advocate I

Cave Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Benn
Last Name
Quadineros
I have recently built a power station to use with my refrigerator, and have found it exceedingly handy. I have been want to put up some 12v lighting in my semi permanent camp to run off of my power station. I have seen strings that are 120v input, 12vdc output, which I assume have a built in transformer at the plug. If so I would cut it off and feed the 12vdc directly from the battery. Has anyone played with this and have any suggestions?

Thanks,

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
no need for that...there are plenty of 12v lighting options out there. just go on amazon and type in 12v lights. i have a bunch that i use. i have strip led lights i use in my camper shell that use adhesive tape on the back and go anywhere. they are very low profile.

i also bought led lights that plug into a usb and have a long cord...these are great to use

there are surface mount lights as well that you can hard wire.

i have a jackery power station and i have several lights that are usb plug in, so that works great with the power station

even bought some "mood" lighting ...:grinning:

Last edited:
Reactions: Viking1204

Walkers

Rank III

Advocate I

Cave Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Benn
Last Name
Quadineros
Appreciate the help. Apparently my google fu is not strong on this subject. I am looking for the cafe/bistro style string lights that have a light every 3’ or so and come in a 48’ length.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Appreciate the help. Apparently my google fu is not strong on this subject. I am looking for the cafe/bistro style string lights that have a light every 3’ or so and come in a 48’ length.
well...just type what you typed here, BUT type it in the amazon search box instead
i typed in "cafe string lights" and got exactly what youre asking for...even the length is 48'

Last edited:

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Something like these Brightech lights? They appear to be 12v.

These are USB but only 24ft

Walkers

Rank III

Advocate I

Cave Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Benn
Last Name
Quadineros
Mr Bezos came by today and dropped these off. Removable transformer, though I don’t know what to call this connector, so I don’t know if I could ever get another one, so I may just cut the transformer side. Another thought, and I may just try it for a weekend, is running it off my inverter. I hate turning D/C to A/C just to turn it back to D/C, but they would likely run no more than an hour or two at most, and see how much it draws down the battery.

image.jpg