$120 eBay awning or ARB awning??

• HTML tutorial

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

I've always believed you get what you pay for. I understand some are on a budget & cost can be a factor. Shop around 1st, you'll be surprised what brands you can find that are on sale. Some name brand companies do sales @ certain times of the year. This were you can save on money. I bought my RRT during Christmas & saved over 125.00. A friend of mine like my Engel frid\freez & bought his (the exact one I have) & save over 200.00. Like I said certain times of the year you can find sales on good overlanding equipment & gear, than some off brand you have no clue about\knock offs.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
There was a thread about this a while back with lots of additional info.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

I would for the generic eBay awning. I would bet that even the cheapest iteration is pretty damn close to the fancy-branded items. I've compared Smittybilt, ARB, and Tepui, and there's only minor differences. https://ovrlxnd.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Im untested in knowing if anyone has a 4' model, I want to put one on the rear of the roof rack

Reactions: RCJEEP

RCJEEP

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salkum, WA
Member #

I am cheap, that is the one I have, it's not installed yet. That being said it is pretty sturdy, I got the 8x8 one to ride on my Tahoe .
I ended up selecting the 8x8 one from eBay to install on the Jeep camp trailer. If I get a year out of it then that's ok by me. We will see how it goes :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: cdunn334

FlyingBasset

Rank 0

Traveler I

VA
I have the exact same 'knockoff' awning I got from a different company about a year ago. I'm confident it is the exact same chinese produced awning every other company imports just with less markup. I think you will enjoy it.