Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary Alberta
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Boksteyn
Member #

I've been running the Cooper ST Maxx 33's for the last 3 years and absolutely love them!! Long wear life and very tough..!
On my Arctic trip I punished them on the Dalton, Denali, and the Dempster highways with no punctures. Great traction..
I have a AEV 3.5" DS lift

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Well finally found some trails near my place! Very over grown but finally got some trail rash. Once you get past the initial scratches it isn't too bad haha.

Main reason I'm posting is a 7,000 mile update on the tires. These KO2s are awesome. They handle so well on road and in gravel roads. Even with the trail riding I did it was water holes, mud, grass and brush, and sand. The mud was no issue at all. Never felt like I was loosing traction and never lost momentum in the water. Also climbing steep grassy hills was no issue at all either. The grass was pretty moist as well! Now the sand did clog up pretty bad on the tires and did feel some slippage. But the Jeep still made it through without any issues.

All in all these tires are amazing and would recommend them to anyone looking for new tires!

Forgot to add! Huge rain storm about three weeks ago. Highways were flooded pretty bad. Didn't hydroplane at any moment! I know the old KO had that issue. But definitely didn't have any hydro planing at all!

Reactions: Byron Eby

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Well finally found some trails near my place! Very over grown but finally got some trail rash. Once you get past the initial scratches it isn't too bad haha.

Main reason I'm posting is a 7,000 mile update on the tires. These KO2s are awesome. They handle so well on road and in gravel roads. Even with the trail riding I did it was water holes, mud, grass and brush, and sand. The mud was no issue at all. Never felt like I was loosing traction and never lost momentum in the water. Also climbing steep grassy hills was no issue at all either. The grass was pretty moist as well! Now the sand did clog up pretty bad on the tires and did feel some slippage. But the Jeep still made it through without any issues.

All in all these tires are amazing and would recommend them to anyone looking for new tires!

Forgot to add! Huge rain storm about three weeks ago. Highways were flooded pretty bad. Didn't hydroplane at any moment! I know the old KO had that issue. But definitely didn't have any hydro planing at all!
Glad to see you enjoy those KO2's. They are amazing shoes.

fatkidoutdoors

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas
Member #

Glad your liking the tires. I personally have the General Grabber red Letter in 35/12.5r17 and love them. I am also running an AEV 2.5 lift that is fantastic.

Reactions: scubasteve2002

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Well I got lucky and found a dang good deal on a lift! Got the 2.5" AEV lift :) Now just have to find a weekend to install it haha