Launch Member

Enthusiast I

1914 Chantilly Lane, Salisbury, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Doane
Member #

This year I am aiming to lift my 4Runner 2-3 inches suspension lift and get bigger tires probably 33s... I know most of the time a body chop/cut has to be done. If I were to get wheel spacers could I prevent chopping/cutting in the 4Runner?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Wheel spacers will just make tires rub in a different spot if they are already rubbing. On my chevrolet colorado (yeah i know its a different rig) i had a 3 inch lift and 33 inch tires and they rubbed on the rear of the frame when i turned just before full lock then i put 2 inch spacers on the hubs and now it rubs a little on fenders for just a second when turning while going over bumps. I havent trimmed anything since its only rubbing plastic it will trim itself out eventually. I thought the toyotas have a larger wheel well than my colorado so i figure youd be fine with what you want to do.

mrseth

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Loveland, Colorado, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Schueller
Member #

On a 2-3 lift, 33's shouldn't rub the body mount, they will most likely rub the front and back on your fenders. I didn't have to trim my body mounts until I went to 35's on my 04, but for peace of mind you COULD do it now.

Wheel spacers (I run 1.5") shouldn't make you rub the body mount either. Again, I was fine until 35's with high offset wheels and spacers. At that point I rubbed the frame on the front, wheel well on the back (I recommend you fold over/grind down that pinch weld), and body mount.

There are some nice steel weld-on options for the body mount chop as it is pretty popular if you decide to go that route!