Launch Member

Contributor I

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Schoeneck
Member #

Any thoughts regarding a 2006 Lexus lx470 vs. 2006 Land Cruiser? I have always loved Land Cruisers but recently came across an 06’ lx470 with super low miles. Being new to the OB community, I wanted to post it and get some candid feedback. Is it as capable as the LC? Is it as easy to modify as the LC? Etc. Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

If I where buying, I would buy the GX. It mostly comes down to personal preference though. Many will say LC just because it's a LC. I feel like most of the LC cred died with the 80 series. What I like about the GX, shares tons of parts with 4Runner and FJ, they seem to be reasonably priced compared to most Lc's. Lexus build quality is a little but better than most Toyota products. The 4.7 will go forever. I like the looks of the GX over the landcruiser as well. If you can manage to get in touch @Nimitz he has a nice GX and can run through all the ins and outs.

Reactions: The White Whale

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
http://www.sleeoffroad.com/newbie/newbieUZJ100.htm
Slee is one of the authorities on Cruisers. LXs all have Active Height Control adjustable suspension standard whereas the LC it comes as an option. It is a more involved with the LX if you want to upgrade suspension (and remove AHC) down the line. The grills are completely different between the two. A lot of little comforts with audio, seats, internal touches on the LX. The guts of the truck are the same between the two.

Both share nothing with the GX/Prado/120 Platform.

Reactions: The White Whale

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
Choose the one that has the lower miles, best service records and is the cleanest. Everything is easy to work around. The AHC suspension of the LX470 (and also possible to find on the UZJ100 Land Cruiser) can be not only disabled it completely removed without any trace. Parts/labor is ~$500 more when doing an aftermarket suspension but if the vehicle is far cleaner and lower miles... you can't buy lower miles for $500.

Reactions: zcostilla