05 Nissan Xterra Budget Build

• HTML tutorial

Josh Corbett

Rank 0

Traveler I

Montana
Looking to turn my 2005 Nissan Xterra SE into a decent trail car, but nothing too hardcore. I’m a total beginner and would like some advice on some good upgrades or gear that aren’t too expensive. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Looking to turn my 2005 Nissan Xterra SE into a decent trail car, but nothing too hardcore. I’m a total beginner and would like some advice on some good upgrades or gear that aren’t too expensive. Thanks in advance!
Welcome Josh!

As a fellow X owner, I would recommend you check into www.thenewx.org for info specific to the second gen Xterras. I'm over there as well, same username, check it out!

There's also lots of info on general Xterra issues as well as plenty of help in choosing lift parts to get you where you want to be.

I'm really happy with my X. It's done a great job for me so far.

Reactions: BCBrian

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
I owned a 2006 X for about 3 years. That car kicked some serious a$$. Miss it to this day! Like stated, head over to thenewx. You could spend days browsing mods and upgrades! Good luck on the build!

Did you do the transmission/ radiator bypass to prevent SMOD? I did that and added another external oil cooler to my rig.

Reactions: steve_birdsall

BenditoMonte

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nogales, Sonora
Member #

Hi there, 05 xterra owner here and I also think of my car as a "nothing too hardcore" so far I have only put 33 in tires and that is enough, but still my plans are to add a winch and skid plates and would be it for me, any mods or upgrades after that would be oriented into camping. xterras are very capable in their stock form.