Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

Thanks for the info! Although, not all that helpful in the long run. LOL.
I know, I'm sorry. But that's what I have found out.
I actually know a guy with an old Ford f250(early 90s to late 80s) who has the same set but 8lug.

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

Screenshot_20200507-165527.png
These were the other choice before I got a hold of current wheels, possibly in their bronze ones.
But free just sounds good too :grinning:

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

So update after a while of silence...

I've got the 1" body lift installed and it went pretty smooth. I opted for the 1" vs the 2" because it involved less alterations of components to accommodate. I did have to remove the stock rear fender flares and roll the inner flange to clear the tires when articulated after the rear SB delete.
20200704_094105.jpg
Not much but you can see the darker line along the top of the frame where the body tab once over hung.

Last edited:

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

I installed some 1310 spicers for the ability to grease em, keeping them rolling for the long haul vs solid u joints as my intentions are not hard core off roading. 20200904_160221.jpg

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

After the above changes and upgrades if you will I finally was able to tackle a trail/ abandoned road that I've not been able to complete 100%. So after my 4th run I made it to its end destination (Not a long drive on trail just a wee technical through spots and tight).
20200815_163106.jpg20200815_163116.jpg
AND of course the ones I wanted with me for the ride more than anything!
20200815_163926.jpg

Reactions: TxJeeper75

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

From this adventure of course there was a little blood that had to be paid lol.
20200816_122607.jpg
20200817_130057.jpg
Bumm bumm bumm. I thought it felt a little sloppy in the rear driver driving back from the trail.... and here I thought I was loosing air in my DR tire haha

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Yikes! Looks like I see some 5100's in your near future. The X looks good man!

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

Yikes! Looks like I see some 5100's in your near future. The X looks good man!
Thanks brotha, it's slow like most of us here, being my DD and all besides my FZ6. I'd like to build some manner of rear drawer system but I'm off and on needing the storage space. So I think I'm gonna move towards rear window Mollie panels and roof nets. I have a large assortment of military pouches left over so no expense there.

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

Yes indeed the 5100s are on the docket for sure.... just didn't have the time or cash for em right then, now, soon.... anywho my brother tig welded the eyelet back on and have had no issues rolling it as is.

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

Here was last weekend's adventure 20200919_165014.jpg
I had some extra paint from the wheels so I matched the auto hubs cause they were all mast and corroded.
20200920_171054.jpg

But upon inspecting the auto hubs my DR side one has a bit of slop in the "pilot" bearing I guess, in the bottom looking in.
So the hunt is on for some hardbody manuel hubs...

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Thanks brotha, it's slow like most of us here, being my DD and all besides my FZ6. I'd like to build some manner of rear drawer system but I'm off and on needing the storage space. So I think I'm gonna move towards rear window Mollie panels and roof nets. I have a large assortment of military pouches left over so no expense there.
I know the feeling. Fortunately, my 03 isn't my daily, but I'm planning on doing a full drawer system in a few months. I'll eventually have a trailer, but will still take just the X if it's just me, and no wife a kid.

I too am thinking molle rear window panels (definitely at least one panel), and have a copious amount of pouches as well.

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

So been a bit since I've been on but hey life is life. I've recently finished replacing valve cover gaskets due to the driver side leaking onto the heat shield an burning off. While I was at it I swapped out the factory exhaust manifolds for my cheapy headers... tons of fun.

Attachments

Reactions: reaver

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Cool project! I just got Falken Wildpeaks A/T3w (275/70R17) for my Ranger on a whim and so far I really like them! I just did a 900 miles drive in 13 hours on them, on the highway, and felt they were comfortable for highway use. They certainly look the part on my Ranger; I hope hey are good off-road!