Squatchfoot87

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Greenville, South Carolina 29601, United States
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Samperi
Just got this a couple months ago and wanted this to be my entry vehicle for starting my overland adventures. Changed all fluids and now going to be doing the center diff mod and poly bushings for the steering rack next. Thanks to my wife, overland bound and lifestyle overland for inspiring me to get into this.

Attachments

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Great starting platform. I’ve got a 2000 4Runner and thing the extra room and space would be welcome. When building my 4Runner my first thoughts were protection, protection, protection in no particular order. Day one I removed the running boards. Think of that as a zero budget lift. They will only get in your way in the future. I would suggest rock sliders and belly protection. The Sequoia is larger than my 4Runner and may run into situations that you don’t fit or rub your belly. Protect that soft belly before you accidentally hurt something.

P.S. Love the color too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatchfoot87

JohnMatagi

Rank II

Contributor III

Adna, Washington, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Matagi
Member #

Just got this a couple months ago and wanted this to be my entry vehicle for starting my overland adventures. Changed all fluids and now going to be doing the center diff mod and poly bushings for the steering rack next. Thanks to my wife, overland bound and lifestyle overland for inspiring me to get into this.
I actually have two. Ones the grocery getter and the other is my hobby. I just finished putting the 2.5 inch OME lift on the gold one. It rides great and I like the extra height. I added lights, Wilco tire and fuel carrier and a push bar. This is a great rig to work on. Looking forward to getting out and about.

Attachments

Squatchfoot87

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Greenville, South Carolina 29601, United States
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Samperi
Wow what a difference after the running boards! Yeah I went with a Sequoia because we have 3 kids. Im going to look into rock sliders and skid plates before hitting the trail just wanted to make sure she is good and healthy. Im doing all the work myself and really get to know "Henry"....my daughter picked the name lol. Sandpoint Steve its really funny but we just moved from CDA last year to here in south carolina. Wish I was starting then we may have been able to hit a trail or two. John its funny you have 2 sequoias I do to i got my sequoia and the wife ended up want one so we got her a 16 sequoia platinum...mama always gets the best lol. I can't wait to hot the trails and explore, one of my favorite things to do.

JohnMatagi

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
John
Last Name
Matagi
Member #

Great minds think alike! I am a big fan of the first gen body style, the second gen is slowly growing on me. I have made several attempts to get rock sliders. I can’t get a call back from Brute Force Fab. I really like their product. If you find rock sliders I’d love to know...

Reactions: NiteSky

NiteSky

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shoreline, Washington 98155, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McCabe
Member #

Great minds think alike! I am a big fan of the first gen body style, the second gen is slowly growing on me. I have made several attempts to get rock sliders. I can’t get a call back from Brute Force Fab. I really like their product. If you find rock sliders I’d love to know...
Did you ever hear back from Brute Force? I'm curious cause I'm also interested in their sliders and front bumper.

JohnMatagi

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
John
Last Name
Matagi
Member #

Just made contact with Brute Force and it was a great conversation. They are busy and wait times are related to the demand. I could hear the work being done in the background. I’ll be making my deposit for an order!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: NiteSky

NiteSky

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shoreline, Washington 98155, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McCabe
Member #

Just made contact with Brute Force and it was a great conversation. They are busy and wait times are related to the demand. I could hear the work being done in the background. I’ll be making my deposit for an order!!!
Oh that’s great!! I love the first gen sequoias. Great platform to be building off of! What is the center diff mod you mentioned in an earlier post?