Rank VI

Endurance II

CHARLOTTE
First Name
Barry
Last Name
OReilly
Member #

Looking for some insight on what is the best ¾ roof rack for my 2022 4Runner, looking at Rhino-Rack, Front Runner, and ARB, what are the pros and cons of each? thanks!

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
I have a prinsu rack and after having lived with it for a couple years, I would recommended providing some information on what you think you are going to use your rack for in order for members to provide input on the type of rack that may best suit your needs.

As an example I only use my rack to hold my top box, a shovel and my trax boards. In the future I would like to move the boards and put a solar panel on top.
Considering that I would not have gone with the Prinsu rack and more likely have gone with the Front Runner OR ARB.

picknpluck

Rank V

Advocate II

Castro Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Geoffrey
Last Name
Krueger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ZZF
Service Branch
Army (Retired)
What about one of the Yakima Warrior racks? I'm not sure what your needs are, but I'm finding it to be useful for storing light, but bulky gear. And the rack can easily be removed too. I'm using the Mega Warrior...found it on Facebook marketplace for a steep discount off new pricing.

Attachments

Geo Explore and Adventure

Rank VI

Endurance II

CHARLOTTE
First Name
Barry
Last Name
OReilly
Member #

Our 3/4 Slimline II kit for the 5th gen 4Runner is very versatile and all of our accessories, side and top mounted are compatible with the Slimline II platform. You can even mount one of our Stainless Steel Camp Tables or Under Rack Tables underneath your rack to free up space in your vehicle!
Happy to report I have installed a Front Runner 3/4 Slimline II roof rack with a set of foldable J-style kayak carriers, very happy with the Front Runner system, thanks for your insight!!

Attachments

Enthusiast II

Agoura Hills, CA, USA
First Name
Jolo
Last Name
Bejasa
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Silverback
Happy to report I have installed a Front Runner 3/4 Slimline II roof rack with a set of foldable J-style kayak carriers, very happy with the Front Runner system, thanks for your insight!!
Great choice! If somewhere down the line you decide you want to extend your 3/4 kit to a full-length kit, just let us know and we can sell you the parts to extend the rack for more space! If you have any questions about our products, please let me know!

Geo Explore and Adventure

Rank VI

Endurance II

CHARLOTTE
First Name
Barry
Last Name
OReilly
Member #

Great choice! If somewhere down the line you decide you want to extend your 3/4 kit to a full-length kit, just let us know and we can sell you the parts to extend the rack for more space! If you have any questions about our products, please let me know!
This is great to know. For now, I am hauling kayaks, if I switch to an RTT I will need to extend the rack for sure, thanks!

Reactions: Front Runner - Jolo