Swag Tents

Influencer II

1,213
Pittsburgh
First Name
Greg
Last Name
StClair
Member #

44591

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXQ724
Is anyone using a swag? Are they so popular in Australia due to less rain? I thought it may be nice to use one in the winter. My Wife and daughter don’t like to go in the snow and thats my favorite time to go! I could take he tent off the roof and I think it may be easier to dry out in my basement after a wet trip too.

Any thought? I’d like the smallest one i can find . Imagine that with your diesel heater! I was looking at the 23zero 900 series.
 
  • Like
Reactions: eroyar23
I've had two. The first one was a Kodiak canvas that worked pretty good just a little small for me but might work for you. I now use a Kakadu from Australia. It's been awesome. I used it on a cot and you can sit up inside and it has a built in light. Very waterproof never had any leaks
 
  • Like
Reactions: bear_den_overland
Is anyone using a swag? Are they so popular in Australia due to less rain? I thought it may be nice to use one in the winter, especially when dealing with erie pa garbage after a trip. My Wife and daughter don’t like to go in the snow and thats my favorite time to go! I could take the tent off the roof and I think it may be easier to dry out in my basement after a wet trip too.

Any thought? I’d like the smallest one i can find . Imagine that with your diesel heater! I was looking at the 23zero 900 series.
I think a swag would be a great option for solo winter trips. They’re much quicker to set up than a full tent and should be easier to dry out afterward. A small one would make sense if you’re trying to keep everything compact. The diesel heater would definitely make it more comfortable in the cold, just be careful with ventilation and heater placement. The 23ZERO 900 series seems worth looking at.